Is a Siemens TI 505 PLC supported by Red Lion G315 HMI?

gkinslow

I have an old Siemens TI 505 PLC that works fine. I am looking to add and HMI for system information. I already have a Red Lion G315 that has not been used. I this PLC supported by Red Lion Crimson software?

Are you thinking of using serial or a 2572(or 2572-a card) to do ethernet?

From their driver list, They support the Siemans serial protocols and under the CTI list(CTI bought the TI505 line essentially, they manufacture replacement I/O and a new processor that is compatable the 2500) they have both the ethernet camp driver and the serial camp driver.

I have not tried it but if you select RS232 and select Siemens they have 2 drivers labeled "TI-500". I will bet that is the one you need.

Also call Red Lion 717-767-6511. They will be more than happy to tell you what it takes to get the 2 talking

Under CTI you should find a serial and ethernet driver, if you have the 2572A ethernet module you can also use ModbusTCP; and lastly, if you have the Profibus expansion card for the G3 and have the TI505 PLC that has the Profibus port, you can use that fieldbus as well.

Tom