S5 Siemens open and view code

Sorry I maybe missing something or not explained correctly which I am sorry for.
The EPROM is in the main control s5 u100.
Next to that is the stepper motor controller which has a single light on it which on the other had a fault light. Am I correct in say that also has a program which tells the motor where it is located ?.
Or am I just talking rubbish and know even less than I thought lol.
Regards
Mark

Ps I’m not sure there is a place for eprom to fit.

Ah, all this talk about an EEPROM in the manual, so that EEPROM must be internal to the module, which is not usual for an S5 module.

Yes, there is a software called COM 266 which configures the module. Unless you have a file (usually ending in .266), you needed to try to upload the parameters from the old module.

That bit I can’t do as it’s dead lol I have tried to copy it but I am not getting anything from it.
So I’m guessing it needs reprogramming.
Regards
Mark

Well once again thank you so much for the help.
Hope I did not disturb your evening too much and wish you a good rest of it.
Regards
Mark

Is that a difficult job and what would I need to do it even if that is possible lol.
Plus where would I need to look for that program ?
Regards
Mark

Thank you very much for your time and help.
I will read up on it and see if I can program the thing to get working.
I was hoping there was a file to upload and away we go lol.
Never been that lucky.
But I do appreciate your time and help once again mate your a true gentleman.
Regards
Mark

Do you have the file on disk ?. if so, without S5 software not exactly, S5 was originally CPM but there was a conversion so it could be copied to a Dos formatted disk, the main program file is stored as the MC 5 code so you would find it difficult to understand each operation is stored in 16 bit hex number.
so in reality unless you want to spend many days trying to understand the hex codes then it certainly would not be worth it & many mistakes would be made.