Upload S7-300 program via profibus

CQ21

Hey guys!

I have a S7-300 plc and I wish to upload its program to my PG and create a backup. I have a siemens simatic pc and have set up the PC/PG interface correctly bc I have tested with a different cpu. It is a profibus connection but when I try to upload the program I receive this error (see pic). Does anyone know what it means? Can I ignore it? Not getting the error when I try uploading with a different cpu so I would like to figure out why that is the case...

Thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Last edited:
Ah the famous (2000) error. It usually means you don't have one or more software packages installed that is required for a module in your hardware configuration.

In Simatic Manager, click on the top most object in the tree on the left side, right click it and click Object Properties...

Click on the "Required Software Packages" tab, and click the "Execute" button at the bottom. Paste a picture of the result here.

Thanks for your reply. I see...should I select continue and then check for required software packages (I don't have the original program)?