OT: WI Automation

Looks like an Italian company, given the 'rona situation I'd chalk it up to that find an alternate vendor?

Looks like an Italian company, given the 'rona situation I'd chalk it up to that find an alternate vendor?

Even so, you would think that they would respond to my inquiry about the order status. They act like they are listening on their chat window, then claim to be checking on it, then crickets. They also told me before I placed the order that they had the parts in stock (4/23).

Haven't heard of them before, but the typo on their front page doesn't speak much of their attention to detail.

They also claim that they can deliver despite the Corona situation: "We are carefully monitoring the current impact on public health related to Coronavirus, applying the recommended hygiene and health practices to all our operational aspects. WiAutomation, thanks to its international network, is able to ensure continuity in the supply of services and solutions throughout the world, ensuring all national and international deliveries via DHL Express." (Bold in original),

Typo.PNG

I once was sitting in a dentist's office and there was poster on the wall. It was a picture of an old man with just one or two teeth left in his smile. The caption read "Ignore your teeth and they'll go away." I guess the same can be said for customers.

As for the chat window, most of the "off the shelf" ones have, while not "bots" per se, some scripting to make it seem like there's a real person on the other end while someone in customer service gets notified that a person is chatting right now. That notification could very well be getting lost in the ether.

Edit: I see you're getting real responses from them so that point is moot here

Last edited:
Edit: I see you're getting real responses from them so that point is moot here

I think they were real responses. They were one line sentences like "I will check our logistics dept." Then nothing for 30 minutes...I reply "Hello?" and another half hour later I had to reboot my machine for other reasons.

I just wrote an email expressing my concerns to their USA contact. I might be a small fish but I have a big mouth. So if I can't be treated with respect, I will make noise about it publicly.

have you heard anything from them yet? I am nervous reading this as I put an order in Monday before reading your post and it is on a time sensitive project. I verified stock with them before I ordered and they guaranteed stock and shipping withing 5 days and delivery in 7 business days.

I have found that a lot of companies do not stocking items (claiming there in stock) taking orders then filling them, this was not a big deal and was doable 2 months ago, DHL and FedEx was two or three days anywhere in the world, now you are doing good if you can get something in two weeks, my Siemens ships direct from Germany and it took over 3 weeks last time, I have always only sold whats on my self... if I have to build it then I let the customer know.

I sell a few things a month to Italy and they are being delayed going in so I am sure they are also slow coming out, the bad part is if they can not give you a tracking number than they have not received it to ship out yet.

I did finally get a shipping confirmation yesterday. The parts should be at our shop Friday, so 15 days from the day I placed the order.

I probably won't use them again. Not because they mislead me about being able to get the parts to me quickly, but because they basically ignored my inquiries 4 times.

If you do use them, don't bother with their pesky webstore chat that keeps popping up seeming eager to help. The only response I got that was actually useful was by emailing the contact for my region.

Paul,

If this is something you use more than once let me know and I can stock them if I can get them at a good price.

I did finally get a shipping confirmation yesterday. The parts should be at our shop Friday, so 15 days from the day I placed the order.

I probably won't use them again. Not because they mislead me about being able to get the parts to me quickly, but because they basically ignored my inquiries 4 times.

If you do use them, don't bother with their pesky webstore chat that keeps popping up seeming eager to help. The only response I got that was actually useful was by emailing the contact for my region.

Good to hear that it did finally ship though. 🍺

Did you get the order? Was it as described?
I want to order from them, but the pricing seems too good to be true

Did you get the order? Was it as described?
I want to order from them, but the pricing seems too good to be true

I did get the parts eventually. It was parts I normally get from plccable.com but they happened to be out of stock of one of the cards, so I took a chance on WI and was disappointed. It wasn't that I was trying to save a few dollars, it was that I needed the parts quickly. I contacted WI to make sure they really had the parts and they claimed that they did.

The whole thing was probably due to transportation delays caused by the panic over the china virus. WI might be just fine, but my experience with their customer support was bad. I always get great support and service from plccable.com so that is always my preferred supplier for many things.