Productivity Ethernet/IP

lnxbox

i am working with a Productivity 2000 and setting up a AB Micro-850 i am trying to get a CIP MSG to be sent to the Productivity and a Ethernet/IP MSG to be sent back to the AB-Micro 850 i can share Lots of screenshots and the Entire project if needed, i really could use some help with this.

I have no first hand experience with the Micro 8x0 series. And I have not used Ethernet/IP with the P2000 but I have noticed some threads on similar topics on the A/D forum:

https://community.automationdirect....YCA2/productivity-2000-ethernetip-ab-micro850

https://community.automationdirect....ity-suite-change-the-ethernet-ip-setup-lately

https://community.automationdirect....productivity-series-p2550-and-micrologix-1400

I have not seen a comprehensive thread with a step by step for your particular hardware combo though.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the Reply

Some of those where actually me in the Automation Direct Forums with My Questions on Ethernet/IP on the Productivity.. :D

Some of those where actually me in the Automation Direct Forums with My Questions on Ethernet/IP on the Productivity.. :D

I saw your name as "Inbox" and over there as "Linuxdept" with similar profile pictures, and thought that might be the case. Now I see you're not "Inbox", you're "LNxbox".

There are some A/B comms geniuses on this forum that can probably assist since apparently some one still needs to do that formal write up of how to get those penguins all in a row.

I have a spare P2000 PLC (with a burnt RS485 port) and a Compactlogix, but I have not ever had to work with a Micro800. I like the Click too much to even bother with the A/B imitation.

Someday when I am all caught up, I will set up some comms trials between the oddball pieces I have, but as CCR said so beautifully...

AB Meditation

well me Personally my Start for 24 Years was in AB All the way Down to the PLC/5 Regrettably. I've worked with Everything AB in-between but getting AB to talk Non-AB is really a pain. i do have the AB Micro850 Working Just not wanting to see the Automation Direct Productivity2000 PLC here is my Ladder on the M850

AB-Read.PNG

I suspect you won't succeed. The Productivity series only supports Ethernet/IP I/O connections. Also called "Class 1" connections. As scanner (master) or adapter (slave), or both together.

The Micro8xx family only supports Ethernet/IP messaging connections. Also called "Class 3" connections. It seems they can both initiate and respond to tag read/write requests.

Both support part of the Ethernet/IP spec, but not the same parts. Sorry.

One possibility:

Set up the Productivity for adapter-mode Ethernet/IP. You may be able to message to read/write the assembly buffers from the Micro8xx via Get/Set Attribute Single. (Class 4, Instance aa, Attribute 3 where aa is the assembly number.)

Assembly Buffers

can you Get a small Productivity 2000 Program together that may demonstrate message to read/write the assembly buffers from the Micro8xx via Get/Set Attribute Single.

I suspect you won't succeed. The Productivity series only supports Ethernet/IP I/O connections. Also called "Class 1" connections. As scanner (master) or adapter (slave), or both together.

The Micro8xx family only supports Ethernet/IP messaging connections. Also called "Class 3" connections. It seems they can both initiate and respond to tag read/write requests.

Both support part of the Ethernet/IP spec, but not the same parts. Sorry.

I don't believe you are correct on the Productivity part. I am fairly certain that Productivity supports both Implicit (IO) and Explicit (Messaging) messaging.

I stand corrected on Productivity's explicit msg client capabilities. However, Productivity's explicit message support doesn't appear to permit the use of Ansi Symbol segments that Rockwell expects to be used for tag access.

The explicit message server support shown in the AD screenshots is *exactly* what I was referring to in comment #7.

Inxbox,

Just so it's clear, the messaging I mentioned in #7 and shown in the AD support topic would require the messaging instructions to be in the Micro8xx. The P2000 would just have an Ethernet/IP adapter defined in the hardware configuration.

For the Micro8xx side, look at the draft code I posted in #6 over here:

https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=130537