OT: Coronavirus do you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trupo, the vaccine is kind of like the flu vaccines we get. It works sometimes. Mayby most times but not anything near all the time. I have already stated that a person at work got the virus even though she was double vaccinated and she caught it from her boy friend that was also double vaccinated. The fact that being vaccinated doesn't mean you are virus free is a lie. Virii or viruses are not really alive and are hard to kill. So if vaccinated people can carry the virus then the whole point of the masks and vaccinations is just to slow down the spread but it won't stop the inevitable. Mean while the politicians/dictators have flatten the economies of the world.

The bad part is that the US Constitution has been suspended. There is nothing in the US Constitution that states there are exceptions for pandemics.

Some other guy gets ****ed here when I told the rednecks don't get vaccine but instead follow "some youtubers" getting something that is not prescribed. But that thing is just exactly what stupid *** rednecks do, don't look at the data but the person or instance delivering it.
I wasn't "****ed", not even a little.

I think perhaps you missed what I said, so here it is again.

We'd all be far better off of using a little kindness to educate people instead of taking cheap shots knowing it will only irritate.

I was simply pointing out that this story of mass overdoses is fairly well debunked. We have zero evidence that the majority of overdose cases are a direct result of Youtube, nor that they are all rednecks. There is a lot of speculation in claiming such, along with the claim that I was "****ed". It would probably improve the image of following science if we didn't make such ostentatious assertions.

masks and vaccinations is just to slow down the spread
Masks slow down the spread, vaccinations slow the spread - both true. You can get Covid-19 even after having received all required doses of vaccination - also true.

But you missed one very very important part. Vaccinations vastly reduce the number of people that get seriously ill and/or die from being infected by Covid-19. Vaccinations vastly reduce hospital admissions.

But you missed one very very important part.

Some people miss important points either by ignorance, deception or malice.
I guess it depends on the agenda.
IF that hurts anyone's feelings, tough. Check your personal agenda.

Here is my take on this subject:
I agree that vaccination does not stop you getting it, it almost certainly reduces the risk of serious illness or death, does not appear to stop transmission, although may reduce it for example less likely prone to cough so expel less droplets into the air, so masks & hygiene is still important.
Here in the UK, the government although appeared to be a bit slow on introducing measures did act appropriately, building temporary hospitals at a huge cost etc. Yes in hindsight was a bit of a waste of money as they were rarely if not actually used, the opposition as is their constitution to argue everything they did was the wrong way, however, in my opinion they did good job under the circumstances & do not believe any other government could have done better.
The two possible good things that has come out of this is that the rapid advance in ways to produce vaccines or medication that would not have been probably used to create them for sometime will mean we are better prepared for what might lay ahead, the other is the coming together of communities that due to modern lifestyles have sadly declined.
The other day I loosely read an article on an experiment with a mouse community, the findings were startling & could be akin to the fate of the human race in the future. search for: John B. Calhoun Mouse utopia.

The other day I loosely read an article on an experiment with a mouse community, the findings were startling & could be akin to the fate of the human race in the future. search for: John B. Calhoun Mouse utopia.
Universe 25 with the "beautiful ones". That is a truly bizarre thing, especially in that it repeated in multiple studies. I've thought about it a couple of times during this pandemic.

Here in the UK, the government although appeared to be a bit slow on introducing measures did act appropriately, building temporary hospitals at a huge cost etc. Yes in hindsight was a bit of a waste of money as they were rarely if not actually used, the opposition as is their constitution to argue everything they did was the wrong way, however, in my opinion they did good job under the circumstances & do not believe any other government could have done better.

I think the main criticism of the government isn't so much what they did, but how they went on about it.

The hospitals were a complete waste. The government's experts projections pointed to them being required. Sadly, the Government's actions before the pandemic meant as well that there was no one to man them fully... so building hospitals without staff that can man them is the definition of a complete waste. But of course, nothing is the fault of the B word unless it is Brussels.

There was corruption in plenty of contracts... where companies offered to manufacture stuff to assist with Covid, but since they're not on party's donor list, were simply ignored. I mean... they asked the manufacturer of some shoddy vaccum cleaners to make medical equipment but never bothered to look at companies that could indeed do it and get it approved for medical use.

And when it came to the Test and Trace app, their first idea was to create an election winning machine to record even more of our habits by recording where we were and whether we spent money there... luckily Apple and Google gave them the middle finger and a couple of millions down the road they had to revert back to using what was allowed by the tech companies. This was admitted by the guy speccing the app in front of MPs and considering he had his job assisting Government because he's great at targeted lies based on data, it made perfect sense for him to get a nicer tool.

And before this gets political, the opposition would probably have done 10 times worse, whilst deposing their leader and getting sued in court for all sorts of shenanigans.

One thing must be said though, looking at the vaccine roll out in other countries, the UK's was top notch (though I didn't follow it in Asia). It was the definition of an assembly line and it showed in the number of people they were going through. It took longer to wait for the effects of it than to actually get it in your arm.
The other good thing was that the restrictions weren't, although some don't agree, as draconic as other countries. Portugal made private education establishments illegal and Spain prohibited walking past the nearest food shop, as examples. Although we had the odd case of police overreach, overall was much better.

Another buddy in Nebraska just sent me a text. Another friend of his, 49 and no underlying conditions just died of Covid. He refused to get the vaccine while the rest in his family did get it. 14 days from hospital to grave. He apologized to his family while he was dying. That's 3 friends my buddy lost to Covid.

Last edited:
We lost one of our panelbuilders two weeks ago to covid. He refused the vaccine on the basis that he didn't want the government pushing their agenda on him. What makes it so much worse is knowing that it was 100% preventable. I blame the political talking heads that he listened to constantly.

Last edited:
I wasn't "****ed", not even a little.

I think perhaps you missed what I said, so here it is again.

We'd all be far better off of using a little kindness to educate people instead of taking cheap shots knowing it will only irritate.

I was simply pointing out that this story of mass overdoses is fairly well debunked. We have zero evidence that the majority of overdose cases are a direct result of Youtube, nor that they are all rednecks. There is a lot of speculation in claiming such, along with the claim that I was "****ed". It would probably improve the image of following science if we didn't make such ostentatious assertions.

And where did I talk about mass overdoses? I didn't now, did I? So who was doing the assertions there?

Now maybe go back and think again what did I say, then maybe you get why I got the impression you were ****ed with your answer.

Trupo, the vaccine is kind of like the flu vaccines we get. It works sometimes. Mayby most times but not anything near all the time. I have already stated that a person at work got the virus even though she was double vaccinated and she caught it from her boy friend that was also double vaccinated. The fact that being vaccinated doesn't mean you are virus free is a lie. Virii or viruses are not really alive and are hard to kill. So if vaccinated people can carry the virus then the whole point of the masks and vaccinations is just to slow down the spread but it won't stop the inevitable. Mean while the politicians/dictators have flatten the economies of the world.

The bad part is that the US Constitution has been suspended. There is nothing in the US Constitution that states there are exceptions for pandemics.

no, the point of these vaccines (and masks etc.) is to have less people die and go to hospital from the covid and not overburden healthcare. Slowing down has its play there, but its not the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.