OT: Coronavirus do you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And where did I talk about mass overdoses? I didn't now, did I? So who was doing the assertions there?

Now maybe go back and think again what did I say, then maybe you get why I got the impression you were ****ed with your answer.

If we want to play semantics, I could point out that Rednecks is plural. Plural can constitute a mass mount.

The entire story about overdoses of Ivermectin was about all the calls to Poison Control, and hospitals in Oklahoma being overloaded to the point that gun shot victims (why only them?) had to wait for care. That would constitute a mass amount of people by any reasonable person. To be fair, you never said it was a mass overdose, but you aren't going to get me to believe that your stance on this isn't based largely off the now debunked story.

I was simply pointing out that the story itself is a lie, perpetuating it is disingenuous, and belittling those that you disagree with is a pretty poor way of handling things. I'm not the one broad brushing large chunks of the US populace, nor am I the one calling people stupid.

There is an abundance of good scientific data to use showing effective measures against Covid. Can we at least agree that pointing people to these things would be a more effective approach to a mature and healthy dialogue than name calling and jabs?

There is an abundance of good scientific data to use showing effective measures against Covid. Can we at least agree that pointing people to these things would be a more effective approach to a mature and healthy dialogue than name calling and jabs?

Why? When the other side doesn't? I always hated the high road democrat ********. Get in the trenches and move the pigs.

I dont understand why having the vaccination is political at all.

Its based on science an collected data.

We had the same arguments when seat belts were introduced.

I dont understand why having the vaccination is political at all.
It is because the dictators want to force people to have vaccines. People aren't free to choose.

Its based on science an collected data.
BS, but I agree that the vaccines will help most people. It won't help all people and actually be harmful to some.

We had the same arguments when seat belts were introduced.
Freedom lost again. I wear a seat belt too but where does it stop? THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!!

I wouldn't have killed the economy. Freedom comes first but use it wisely. Wear a mask because it does reduce the chances of you or someone else spreading the virus. In Asia it was common to see people wearing masks when they had a cold even before the virus. It seemed like the polite/respectful thing to do. Little things like having to wear a mask on an airplane, bus and subway is not a big deal but being forced to prove one has been double vaccinated is going too far.

Businesses should be allowed to stay open. Let the patrons decide if it is safe or not. The businesses should be free to specify if masks are required or not and to space the patrons.

Freedom first! Otherwise the dictators will rule by making any excuse they want.

Consider yourself to be a citizen soldier and we are all on the front lines. Yes, there will be casualties but that is always the price that must be paid for freedom.

Also, the rent and mortgage moratorium is a disaster. It really is a violation of owners rights. If there are no property rights then we are as bad as the communist.

It is because the dictators want to force people to have vaccines. People aren't free to choose.

They are not dictators (we are miles from a dictatorship). They are only having to get involved because the public is too hesitant to get the vaccine (mainly based on misinformation) so we can move on. Ie...reduced hospital load, less deaths, the government can stop forking over billions for Covid support.

We get all sorts of vaccines when we are younger.
The "freedom to choose" statement has all sort of limits. We ARE NOT (and should not) be "free to choose" to do whatever we want.
We are not free to shoot someone (sort of obvious why this law exists).
We are not free to drive whatever speed we want (law adopted to reduce road deaths).
We are not free to drive without a seatbelt (law adopted to reduce road deaths).
We are not free to walk into a store barefooted and/or without a shirt (obvious health reasons).
I can go on and on...but the point is obvious.

People need some sort of control, a lot of us are not mature enough to make the right decisions based on what is going on around us.

"People need some sort of control, a lot of us are not mature enough to make the right decisions based on what is going on around us."

Do not take it too serious and it is not pointed to anyone in general, it is just a fact. I just, off hand, do not know an easier term than "not mature enough to make the right decisions". I guess it sounds better than "not smart enough".

Vaccines aren't being forced though. Anywhere.

Statistically you're more likely to be killed by a lightning strike than the vaccine. I dont see everyone hiding inside when it rains.

An as for trusting the "general public" to make good decisions.. we have to have warning labels on bleach so people don't drink it.

If we want to play semantics, I could point out that Rednecks is plural. Plural can constitute a mass mount.

The entire story about overdoses of Ivermectin was about all the calls to Poison Control, and hospitals in Oklahoma being overloaded to the point that gun shot victims (why only them?) had to wait for care. That would constitute a mass amount of people by any reasonable person. To be fair, you never said it was a mass overdose, but you aren't going to get me to believe that your stance on this isn't based largely off the now debunked story.

I was simply pointing out that the story itself is a lie, perpetuating it is disingenuous, and belittling those that you disagree with is a pretty poor way of handling things. I'm not the one broad brushing large chunks of the US populace, nor am I the one calling people stupid.

I still wasn't talking about a thing but a behavioral pattern that exists. "Everything government says is a lie, lets trust this youtuber, preacher etc. blindly".

There indeed is good amount of scientific and statistical data showing vaccines are good way to keep yourself out of hospital because of covid. But cos government says that, the rednecks don't believe but trust the youtuber over that. And with rednecks, I don't mean just the rednecks in the US but all over the world. Finland has the same, Switzerland has the same.

Peter Nachtwey AU is not Nazi. We have far fewer rednecks than the US as well. The vaccines are saving a lot of people from becoming very ill. Here in Oz employers are leading the push - no vaccine - no job - fair enough for mine. I remember going to visit people in hospital wards in the sixties - wards full of people in iron lungs from polio - vaccines have stopped polio. I am over all this **** - go and get the jab - it is very safe - I am fully vaccinated with AZ and proud of it. I cannot even go on a building site here without proof of having the vaccine. Once again fair enough. The other thing that comes into this is that employers are required to provide a safe workplace for employees and contractors - no jab - no safe workplace - simple as that.

Get over it the lot of you and get the jab.

Ah - yes - Nazi. You know that a discussion has reached an end when somebody invokes the 'Nazi' clause.

But at least they made the trains run on time!!!

Bryan has left the building .....

Peter Nachtwey AU is not Nazi. We have far fewer rednecks than the US as well.

Is it the law in Australia that makes vaccination mandatory? Is it the law in any of the states? Was there an Act of Parliament or some equivalent vote of a legislative body that made it so? To the best of my knowledge, it was not. It was some decree by an executive or by a committee, correct?

This is not about the vaccines (I agree completely - go get it, it is safe and efficient enough), it is about who has power to do what. And who has not and should never be allowed to have it. If there is a wide agreement that vaccinations should be mandatory, bring it to vote in the legislature, then it is law. Presidents'/prime-ministers'/governors' orders are not, they have the force of law only for people who work for the government.

Peter's "Nazi" of course is metaphorical and over the top, but his point is clear enough: either it is a democracy with some iron unalterable principles even in case of emergency - or it is some form of diktat.

Status
Not open for further replies.