S7-300 communication with E+H Promass 83DP

elda5ly

I have a project including S7-300 CPU 314 2PN/DP and this CPU will communicate with Promass 83DP.

I tried to connect the flow meter through the MPI/DP port in the CPU but every time the BF1 led is blinking and event error 16#5371 appears.

Do i need a Profibus CP card or the MPI/DP port in the CPU is enough but i have missed the right configuration?

I don't see an 83DP on the E+H website. What is the specific model number? (Obsolete product?)

Is the flowmeter the only device on the Profibus network?
What are the addresses of the CPU and flowmeter? (And any other Profibus devices)
What are the settings on your CPU's MPI/DP port?
What are the network settings on the flowmeter? We're looking for baud rate, etc. How do you change these on the flowmeter, DIP switches?

I don't see an 83DP on the E+H website. What is the specific model number? (Obsolete product?)

Is the flowmeter the only device on the Profibus network?
What are the addresses of the CPU and flowmeter? (And any other Profibus devices)
What are the settings on your CPU's MPI/DP port?
What are the network settings on the flowmeter? We're looking for baud rate, etc. How do you change these on the flowmeter, DIP switches?

Yes, it is an obsolete product with model number 83E40-AD2SAAAAABAJ with serial number: E10DDB02000.

Yes, this flow meter is the only device on the profibus network.

the CPU Profibus address is 2 and the flow meter profibus address is 18 which i programmed from the display of the flow meter.

The CPU Port Settings are:
Interface: Profibus.
Address: 2.
Highest Address: 126.
Transmission Speed: 1.5Mbps.
Operating Mode: DP Master.
Sych. Type: DP Master.
Time Interval: 1 Min.

the only thing that i can change in the flowmeter setting is the address.

iam using 6es7972-0ba41-0xa0 socket for connecting the flowmeter to the DP port in the CPU.
Iam connecting 26 in F.M to A1 in the socket and 27 in F.M to B1 in the socket.

also this event error always appears 16#5371 Distributed I/Os: End of the synchronization with a DP master/IO controller.

i have added the flowmeter to the TIA Portal using this GSD file EH3X1529.GSD

Last edited: