slc5 save data

mtech2766

Is there a way the SLC5 can save data for use during the next power up?

Also, is there a bit that indicates the PLC is in run mode?

Thanks.

All data is retentive in Allen Bradley SLC processors, so all the numbers will be what they were when it powered down. Now if you want the PLC to use some different values or sets of data following a power up, that is possible using the "First Scan" bit S:1/15 which is true only for the first scan when the PLC enters run mode including on power up.

I often create a ladder routine that is only called on first scan and stuff any initialization logic i need into that file.

Similar Topics

I have wasted a week trying to figure out how to connect an SLC5/03 with my laptop. I do not have and can not Buy the 1747 UIC and PC3 cables. I...
Replies
Views
I am trying to connect to SLC5/03 using an FTDI usb to rs232 with female to female converter at 1 end... however I can not connect to it ... the...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I am in serious need of help. I am trying to connect a Panelview Plus 7 Standard to a SLC5/03(1741-L531) using a Moxa MGate...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am having trouble establishing comms between an slc5/04 and panel view plus 7 via a PLX51-net-eni. The set up is: 5/04 Channel 0 DF1...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have programmed some MSG instruction in SLC5/05 64k CPU series D FW 13 brand new cpu. 2 of the MSG instructions are direct IP to other...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom