Will this reset a major fault on powerup
Major Error S:6 =5h
Error Description
"This is a user defined Fault code
Micrologix 1200 Series C

I had to go online and clear error not sure what caused it, it went into
Run mode fine.
Looking to see how power down will reset it if it happens again
I did see Retentive Data Lost bit S:5/11 in the data file has a 1 in it.?
any Thoughts

Not used the ML1200, but is there a first pass bit like on the SLC, could use this to reset the bit on power up for first scan.

If S:1/8 is set, the PLC will attempt to clear the fault and if successful, may leave the CPU in program mode. There is another bit on the Memory Module tab that is labeled "go to Run mode on power up" Set that bit as well if you want the PLC to attempt to clear faults and return to run mode. I used to think that bit was only related to the memory module, but I ran a couple of tests on a ML1400 and it appears to function even if no memory module is installed. I suspect the same is true for the ML1200.

If a hardware fault still exists, it won't do any good, but if the problem was noise related or some other temporary cause that has cleared up, setting those two bits will allow a power cycle to attempt to get the machine running again.

I can't give the exact bit for the 2nd one since I am at home without software to look at. To change those bits, you need to be offline and once set to "1" perform a download, and then write to memory module if there is one present.

I had this same error on a ML1400 this morning, I was checking for posts and see I had
this last year on a 1200. I will set S:1/8=1 The program already has S:1/12=1
My question is after I checked the error (User defined error) then cleared it and put in Run
The PLC is working and machine runs but I have no control of the LCD screen. The screen shows the inputs only on the left top and "REMOTE" on the top right
I believe this unit has a memory module so once I toggle the S:1/8 I will save to memory and hopefully if they have a problem when I'm not here they can cycle power
to clear it. Any thoughts? Thanks