Codesys Modbus TCP

Corsair

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm going to be adding Modbus TCP communications to a Turck Codesys system. There will be more than one HMI hitting the Turck hardware, hopefully on port 502. A youtube thing showed creating more than one Ethernet Modbus slave device on the Ethernet port with different TCP port numbers - 502, 503, etc.

Do I have to create a slave device for each connected HMI? If not, is there a published connection count limit? If I have to create multiple slave devices, does each have to have a different port number or can I leave them all at 502?

The tag addressing will be another question that I have to resolve but one step at a time.

Thanks for all the good stuff I learn on this website.

Similar Topics

I have a program for a PLC, but I don't have the PLC now. I am running the PLC program in the Codesys simulation mode. Can I connect SCADA to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, A couple of years ago, I ran some tests with MODBUS TCP communication between rPi running CodeSYS and a couple of Arduino's. I remember...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'm running eCockpit version 1.3.1.4 I have set up a Modbus client function using the standard library module: FbMbMasterTcp. My...
Replies
Views
Hello! Is there any readily avalaible function blocks for this?! Found heaps of Codesys 2.3 stuff, but the libraries have changed and can´t be...
Replies
Views
I havent been able to connect each other. looking for some help i got the addresing but i cant figure it out.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom