Siemens CPU 315 PN I/O

eibe

Hi.

I'm using a Siemens CPU 315-2 PN/DP.
The PN interface is used to communicate with other PLC's and computers via an ethernet switch, while the DP interface is connected to a Profibus DP slave module (WAGO).

Is it possible to use the PN interface to connect to an ethernet slave (PN IO), for instance ET200, at the same time as I use it for connection to other CPU's and computers (with s7 connections)?

If so, can the ethernet slave be connected via the switch (on the same network as the other CPU's/computers), or must the two networks be separated, i.e. using port 1 on the CPU for PN IO, and port 2 for S7 connections to other PLC's (or vice versa)?

Eibe

Is it possible to use the PN interface to connect to an ethernet slave (PN IO), for instance ET200, at the same time as I use it for connection to other CPU's and computers (with s7 connections)?
Yes.

If so, can the ethernet slave be connected via the switch (on the same network as the other CPU's/computers),
Yes. The switch should be Profinet rated.

or must the two networks be separated, i.e. using port 1 on the CPU for PN IO, and port 2 for S7 connections to other PLC's (or vice versa)?
That is a sensible way to do it.