omron cp1h plc communication issue

prusty.purna1

hi ,
I am new to omron plc ,plese help regarding below issue.
i am communicating with omron plc by serial port. by clicking on direct connection its automatically connected & goes online but showing fatal errors where as there is no error on the plc. while i am tring to get backup file using plc backup tool but it shows failed to initialise communication settings , where as i already setted communication settings . can you please help me regarding communication settings(i am using 9 pin serial communication cable to communicate) .

1) Why are you using the Serial port??? The USB connection works much better.
2) Did you turn on the DIP switch for the serial port you are using?? That is switch 4 for the left port or switch 5 for the right port.