OT: Coronavirus do you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother in-law is in the hospital with COVID. He's has it, his wife has it, his son has it, and is son's girlfriend has it. He is doing better, and should be released in a few days. None of them were vaccinated. They don't wear masks.

And I could care less if anyone gets a vaccine or wears masks.

It's their life, they can do what they want. BUT, they need to realize the potential hazards associated with that choice.

The government should not force ANYTHING on ANYBODY. Be it vaccinations, masks, or whatever. But what's next? Forced flu shots, forced medical treatments for something the government believes will harm everyone. No one's individual right should be trampled on.

That's terrible, the next thing the government will start to enforce seat belt laws, helmat law, OSHA safety laws... etc... OMG! What' about our rights!

How ironic is this.... I posted my feelings on this subject a few hours ago at 1:16 PM (BST), just had a phone call from a friends wife, she has tested positive, I was at their house yesterday having a catch up & a cuppa with my friend, we did sit in the garden & his wife was in the house so probably did not get within 2 metres of her, I have literally just taken a test (daughter is a nurse so has a box full because she has to test regularly), good news, it came back negative, however, as my stance on this is caution, I will limit my contact with people for the next few days.

A good chunk of the US populace have taken vaccinations which were/are not FDA approved. While you can say that it's ok because a doctor said to, that works great except for Thalidomide, and Bextra, and........

People worried about vaccines that are FDA approved/emergency approved for Covid but not worried about horse dewormer that is not FDA approved for Covid. Don't make sense.

My brother in-law is in the hospital with COVID.

None of them were vaccinated.
They don't wear masks.

I think this is kind of the point, if you wanna play stupid games don't go to the hospital?

Nothing political about it.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/opinion/editorials/article254287998.html

Universal DNR Order: Adult patients hospitalized during a public health emergency, when crisis standards of care have been declared (and a hospital is using the mechanical ventilation allocation framework due to demand for ventilators exceeding supply), should receive aggressive interventions; however, they should receive NO attempts at resuscitation (compressions, shocks or intubation if not yet intubated) in the event of cardiac arrest. The likelihood of survival after a cardiac arrest is extremely low for adult patients. As well, resuscitation poses significant risk to healthcare workers due to aerosolization of body fluids and uses large quantities of scarce resources such as staff time, personal protective equipment, and lifesaving medications, with minimal opportunity for benefit.

Sad news. One of the guy in our engineering group just passed from Covid. it's not known if he was vaccinated or not. Super nice guy and it came as shock. He's a year younger than me.
Sorry to hear that. It's an odd thing that when you see it on the news and hear about it, Covid death is almost an abstract thing. But when it hits those close, it becomes real wake up slap.

How ironic is this.... I posted my feelings on this subject a few hours ago at 1:16 PM (BST), just had a phone call from a friends wife, she has tested positive, I was at their house yesterday having a catch up & a cuppa with my friend, we did sit in the garden & his wife was in the house so probably did not get within 2 metres of her, I have literally just taken a test (daughter is a nurse so has a box full because she has to test regularly), good news, it came back negative, however, as my stance on this is caution, I will limit my contact with people for the next few days.

Here's hoping you continue to test negative. Sounds like you are being smart/responsible. If only more followed your example....

Got my shots as soon as they were available.

Buddy sent me a text today that a friend of his, his mother that had her shots, got covid from a coworker and is in the hospital.

I have 4 siblings that will absolutely not get the vaccine. Reasons are ridiculous, and the winner is Bill Gates is behind it all and the vaccines have code that can be activated thru your cell phone to make you a mindless robot.

My sister said she was driving thru an area with 5G and she got totally lightheaded and disoriented. I asked her if she wasn't sure it wasn't the 6 IPA's she sucked down chased by a few bongs of weed? She looked at me funny. LOL

How far do we take this? Should people start policing McDonalds and smack that burger out of the hands of anyone they declare tubby that waddles in?

To stay on topic: While i cannot answer for the status in Finland, but i assume it is somewhat like Sweden in this regard, the hospitals have been clogged by covid cases taking up almost all medical resources and pushing "low priority" (ie non emergency) surgery and treatments down the queue creating a huge pile of backlog that will take years to normalize. This strain also causes deaths due to cancer not being detected or treated in time. Unlike in the US the hospitals are financed by the goverment (tax payers) and i feel very much it should be every citizens DUTY to take the vaccine here.

For the vaccine deniers

The UK Government has done one thing right, they collect and graph the Covid data and make the numbers available to the general public.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

The attached graph shows UK Covid deaths per day since the start of the Pandemic. The first wave was mostly just in London and the Southeast, the rest of the country went in to lockdown before we were affected. The second wave hit the rest of the country and you can see that numbers were much higher. The Delta variant caused issues which is why the second wave is camel back shaped. Now in our third wave deaths have stayed relatively low, even though cases are high. VACCINATION WORKS. I haven't had any urge to bend to my governments will, I don't wake up in strange places with no memory of how I got here, and why would the Government want to track my location when Google does it for them :)

Covid Deaths UK.JPG

Ours by comparison... I would like to see the same graph but those that have been vaccinated vs unvaccinated

covid.png

Don't have the data for the US. For the UK, though this is a bit out of date because it cover 2nd Jan to 2nd Jul:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...nd/deathsoccurringbetween2januaryand2july2021
The data will skewed in favour of the un-vaccinated because we were only just starting our vaccine rollout in mid January. But even then of 51,281 deaths in that period involving Covid-19, 38,964 were in un-vaccinated, so 76%.

Don't have the data for the US. For the UK, though this is a bit out of date because it cover 2nd Jan to 2nd Jul:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...nd/deathsoccurringbetween2januaryand2july2021
The data will skewed in favour of the un-vaccinated because we were only just starting our vaccine rollout in mid January. But even then of 51,281 deaths in that period involving Covid-19, 38,964 were in un-vaccinated, so 76%.

You mean 1% vaccinated have death result of covid, you really count as vaccinated only after second dose.

Anyway, even from that can be easily seen, that even partial vaccination is beneficial.

Last edited:
You mean 1% vaccinated have death result of covid, you really count as vaccinated only after second dose.

Anyway, even from that can be easily seen, that even partial vaccination is beneficial.
In the US. Over 2% of those that catch the CCP-virus die from the virus.
The number of active cases is approaching an all time high of almost 10M. 2% is 200K. As of today we are just short of 700K deaths so to add 200K more is about 900K death in the next few months.

Now it is virus is mainly attacking the poorer states. The democraps didn't help things by calling it the Trump vaccine. Now Biden wants to force the vaccine on everyone even though it is not that effective.

We were fed a bunch of lies. No one trusts the government or lame stream government anymore.

In the US. Over 2% of those that catch the CCP-virus die from the virus.
The number of active cases is approaching an all time high of almost 10M. 2% is 200K. As of today we are just short of 700K deaths so to add 200K more is about 900K death in the next few months.

Now it is virus is mainly attacking the poorer states. The democraps didn't help things by calling it the Trump vaccine. Now Biden wants to force the vaccine on everyone even though it is not that effective.

We were fed a bunch of lies. No one trusts the government or lame stream government anymore.

I don't get what do you mean with not being effective.

Covid vaccines are proven to:

Lower the risk of catching covid,
Lower the risk of the disease to be serious if you still get it
Lower the length of the disease if you still got it
Lower the amount of virus shed if you still got it

And its totally independent of the government.

Some other guy gets ****ed here when I told the rednecks don't get vaccine but instead follow "some youtubers" getting something that is not prescribed. But that thing is just exactly what stupid *** rednecks do, don't look at the data but the person or instance delivering it.

Calling it (I presume CCP = China Communist Party) CCP virus don't give that good of a picture of what you are looking at either.

Status
Not open for further replies.