Red Lion Data Logging

Nebul0us

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey everyone!

Pretty new to Red Lion, and am setting up a data logger on my HMI application. My boss is logging data on another HMI and I've set it up the same way but no logs are being generated. I have 2 logs going to test, one each for continuous and triggered logging. Neither log record shows any files created when I look on the web browser. I'll attach some pics, any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!

21AT88w

Last edited:
I think you need something in Log Enable, to try it just set it to true.

I have tried that, to no avail. The working example I am using as a template does not have anything in that field, yet works. So IDK...thanks for the idea though!

Power off and try taking the SD card out, do you have a folder there called Test? Have a look in other folders. Or enable FTP and you can go in and have a look whilst it is powered up. If the folder isn't there, create one.

I haven't used the Data Logging, so I am just using experience of other parts to hopefully find something here. Otherwise hang on and somebody that knows what they are talking about :) will no doubt chip in.

You don't need to enter anything in enable: it will assume true if nothing is in there. I assume you've added some tags to the Contents tab? Beyond that, I would, as Bryan says, check the SD card. Make sure it's formatted FAT16 or FAT32, and no exFAT.

What model touchscreen are you using? If I recall correctly some of the less expensive models will allow you to create logs only to populate trend screens, but not actually generate logs on the SD card.

CR1000 models don't support data logging to the SD card. They will store them in memory but it is limited. You also need to enable access to the logs on the Web Server in order to see them from a browser. On the Web Server, Features Tab, under Log Access, set it to Enabled.

If your HMI can do Data Logging, then one more thought. The dialog box asks for the Path Name, maybe something like this is required: C:/logs/TEST and C:/logs/InspectionLog. The HMIs usually default to the C drive, but I have caused issues when programming for both the SD card the USB drive.