Uploading S7-400 PLC (HW and SW) using TIA Portal

EMENDOZA

Hi Experts,

Good day!

We've encountered an error while uploading the program from S7-400PLC using TIA Portal software and try all the TIA versions from 12 to 16.
By selecting "Upload device as a new station (hardware and software), it continues the process of uploading, after a couple of seconds an error message pop-up "Totally Integrated Automation portal has encountered a problem and need to close". I'm still trying to get the diagnostics messages to the customer.

On the actual hardware, the PLC CPU is S7-400 while the IOs are FESTO brand.
Is there will be an error upload if I don't have the GSD file for the said IO.

Thanks

I have no actual experience with S7-400 in combination with TIA.
I do know that a program made with TIA and loaded in an S7-300 or S7-400 cannot be uploaded with STEP7 Classic.
I suspect that it is the same limitation in the opposite direction.
I suspect that you can only take an offline S7-300/400 program, convert it to TIA, and then load it in the PLC.

I would not use TIA in combination with S7-300 or S7-400.
Try to upload with STEP7 Classic.

I have no actual experience with S7-400 in combination with TIA.
I do know that a program made with TIA and loaded in an S7-300 or S7-400 cannot be uploaded with STEP7 Classic.
I suspect that it is the same limitation in the opposite direction.
I suspect that you can only take an offline S7-300/400 program, convert it to TIA, and then load it in the PLC.

I would not use TIA in combination with S7-300 or S7-400.
Try to upload with STEP7 Classic.

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for your response.

We try to upload it using Step7 Classic. There's a pop-up error message "The HW configuration was created with a newer version of STEP 7 on the basis of the TIA Portal. The loading to PG will be canceled."

Are you using the Bridged Adapter network setting in the VM settings, with a static IP address set in Windows?

Hi sigma,

With all due respect. If your concern is with the connection from PLC to PG, it's connected. I can see the S7-400 PC from the "accessible nodes", the process of uploading continues.