QuickDesigner 3.7 .prj file not importing. PLEASE HELP ME

Johnnyinscoe

I am having issues loading an older Quickpanel Model QPICTDE0000 with the .prj file that was supplied. Every time I try to import the file into quick designer I am getting an error "i". Can anyone please help me with this. I also have went and purchased a CF card and reader. Made a fake program with the correct panel model selected and loaded it to the CF Card. So the files are there for storing the program, but the offline screens are in Japanese.
The old screen starts up and then the LED goes from green to orange on the front and once that happens touching buttons on the screen does not change anything in the PLC. I can change the tag value in the PLC program(RS500)and the screen will change, but no inputs from touchscreen go back into the PLC.
Actually, when first booting up, the screen LED turns green for a second and a half. During that short time any button pressed will actually go thru to the PLC. I can turn system on and then screen locks up. Go offline and then go back online and LED goes green again and for 1-1/2 seconds it will work and do what it is suppose too until that light goes to orange again.
I have purchased a programming cable and a quickpanel QPICTDE0000 and have the prj file. can anyone help.

I need the .prj file to be changed to a .cmp or if someone will tell me what to do to move the program from one Quickpanel to another I really would appreciate it.

Thanks so much for any assistance!!!

I replied on another thread you had continued, because I had replied to it before.

I found the meaning of the LED on the front from a QP hardware guide:

OFF - No power input
Green - Normal operation
Orange - Backlight is burned out

I just upgraded another client to a Proface GP4000 series, and I could help you do the same.

Purchased an identical replacement already

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I just purchased a new quickpanel QPICTDE0000. It was not cheap as it was brand new never used with a 3 year warranty. I dont think they will take it back. I just got it last week. I can check and see. Thats the main reason I was trying to get the .prj file loaded into the quickpanel. The backlight is still on and I can see all the screens good. I had read somewhere that the operating system is not functioning properly if there was an orange LED also. I have the software needed and have also purchased the special programming cable needed to do the download or upload to the download port. Just not sure what to do now that all this money has been spent. Normally I can find a way to work thru it, but this one has been a mess. I see where you can make a dummy file and load it to a CF Card then upload to the card. Since all the offline menu options are in japanese, the best i can hope to do is take the new one and use it as a guide to get the other one to load to CF card IF that will work.
What are the cost of the new screen you are talking about? I once again thank you very much for your time and knowledge!!

OK. I am going to send the prj file thru my email to yours. I am heading home for the day now and will be back in 7 or 8 hours. Thanks again!! I tried using proficy view and import starts building the project and then stops every time.