I recently purchased a used machine out of Denmark that has 3 Siemens PLC's
Primary Main PLC
Simatic S5 115U CPU 944B

Secondary PLC
Simatic S5-95U

Tertiary PLC
Simatic S7 300
CPU 315-2 DP

I think I might have the connecting cables but have no idea what software I might need to connect to the PLC's or to test the cables . I'm guessing some version of Step 5 or Step 7 but not sure if Step 7 is backward compatible with the S5 PLC or I need both pieces of software. I also have no idea where to purchase said software since it seems pretty old. I will be a basic user just to log in and troubleshoot machine issues as we are the end user manufacture.
This is my first time playing with anything Siemens stuff so I really need help. :(

Yikes !

There is a 3rd part programming software that can handle both S5 and S7 programs.
Look here: https://www.ibhsoftec.com/epages/63444704.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63444704/Products/10022
And I would definitely reccommdn to use this software instead of Siemens old clunky STEP5 software.

That being said, S5 is a solid PLC, but it is really really old.
Chances are that the old S5 parts will die one by one any time.
Diagnostics is not great compared to modern PLCs.
And the mix of S5 and S7 sounds as if it was a machine that at some time was expanded with an S7, making it even harder to troubleshoot.
Also, the S7-300 is in the process of going into phase-out status.

I always say when someone wants to reuse some old S5, and I repeat it again:
The only real solution is to replace the old PLC for a modern PLC.
In your case you probably should also gather all logic in one PLC instead of several PLCs.

**** and that was my post no 15000 ! ***

First to answer JRW, I did not get, nor do I have the source code. That really concerns me since I have no support from the manufacture and I am the end user of the machine.
Second, I did try an place an order with IBHsoftec, they are supposed to send me the wire transfer information, I have not heard a thing even after repeated emails.
Any other suggestions on how to connect and download the program on both the S5 and S7?

I don't know anything about IBH
But you could call your local Siemens distributor and check on these part numbers and prices

STEP 5 V7.2 Basic package for PG 7xx and PCs

Order No.

Single license with authorization diskette
6ES5894-0MA04

and

STEP7 V5.7, Floating License (6ES7810-4CC12-0YA5)

Watch the operating systems!!
compatibility

You will need programming cables too

Siemens STEP5, approx 2500 €.
IBH S5 for Windows, 790 €.
IBH also have the programming cable for the S5 PG port (TTY), either serial, USB or Ethernet.

As far as I know, Siemens only have a serial cable that needs a real serial port. I would get the USB cable from IBH.

STEP5 is really a CP/M program converted to DOS, running in Windows. It shows. It is really crude especially for a person not used to work with S5.

IBH S5 for Windows is much easier to get into.

Jestper is sort of correct, unless things changed over versions the Step 5 was still CP/M but they had an emulator that ran in DOS, which was called S5.COM (I believe).
This also contained the dongle software.
Ridiculous how they can charge 2.5 G for some old software.

OK people, I finally heard back from IBH, I purchased the S5/S7 program and both licenses and did an successful online activation. So all good there. I will attempt to connect in the next day or so. BTW, what does "CP/M" mean? Saw it in an above post.

I forgot to ask, what is the easiest was to go to your current postings?
I log out and when I log back in I have to search a previous email from the forum and click on that to get back where I left off. There has to be an easier way.

OK people, I finally heard back from IBH, I purchased the S5/S7 program and both licenses and did an successful online activation. So all good there. I will attempt to connect in the next day or so.
Only the software is not enough.
The S5 944B CPU requires a TTY interface to go online.
The S7 315-2DP required an MPI interface to go online.
IBH also have these. Especially the USB/TTY cable from IBH is the best choice for S5.
GiTs webpage sells adapters for MPI that are less expensive then Siemens offerings.