Looking for old firmware for Simatic OP7

PM_UzK

Hello everybody,
I am actually trying to bring an old machine back to life.
It is set up by a Simatic S5 CPU (95U) and a Simatic OP7.
The old OP7 broke down and we bought a new (refurbished) one.
I got the ProTool file from the manufacturer of the machine and it is no problem to program the new OP7 with Protool V6 SP3.

But unfortunately S5 CPU and OP7 do not communicate after programming.
I did several tests and tried a lot of things, but I was not able to make them communicate.

Actually my last idea is that on the old OP7 there was a lower firmware version as the new OP7 is automatically updated now to.
On Simatic website I found firmware 5.22 for OP7, which is lower than the one which was before integrated in ProTool.
But I think the version 5.22 is not low enough.
My question is: does anyone of you have installation files for an OP7 firmware version lower than 5.22 which can be integrated in ProTool 6?

Curiosly in the S5 program there is no FB51 or DB51 integrated, which should normally be needed for OP7 communication.
But as it worked before with the old OP7 there must be a way to communicate without.
Maybe anyone of you has an idea to this?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think it is the correct OP7.
There is written "Operator Panel OP7-PP" on it, the product number is "6AV3 607 - 1JC00 - 0AX2".

Thank you for your help!

This might be a quite good idea!
I am able to program both devices and have both programs.

Can you give me a tipp how I can find out which FB was the communication FB so far?

So the idea would be to upload the new FB51 into the Controller and replace all references in all OBs, PBs, and FBs to the old communication FB by FB51? Or did I understand you wrong?

Unfortunately I am not at work today, so I will check it tomorrow.

Hi sigmadelta,

you are my absolute hero!
It is working fine now!

I had to do a little modification to the cabling additionally (but this was not the main problem because I tried this already before).
It took me half a year to have the machine running again...

Thank you very very much for your help!