Studio 5000: Invalid Attribute Value on Download

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just got off the phone with tech connect about this issue, they had a few things for me to try but admitted the error message wasn't clear enough for them to figure out?

I have a machine here that had been running for about a year that required some logic updates today. Decided to update the firmware at the same time.

Firmware updated fine to v33 (was v31)...

Went to download the logic, which 'builds' and 'verifies' fine, and after all the routines download I am presented with:
Code:
Downloading routine 'torque_control'
Downloading routine 'vfd_contactor'
Creating all alarm sets...
Downloading all alarm conditions...
Downloading all alarm sets...
 Downloading all Modules...
Error: Invalid attribute value.
 Error: Download operation still in progress.
Error: Failed to download modules.
Cancelling download...
Complete - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Error: Invalid attribute value.

I have seen similar errors before but they would always tell me which module and what the issue was. This one has no link and doesn't say where the problem is.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this one?

Maybe not troubleshoot, but workaround: export as *.L5K, then re-create the *.ACD.

Sometimes there's an attribute that gets corrupted and because the configuration tool only treats it as a default, it can't be addressed just by opening a dialog box, or even by deleting and re-entering the device or routine. But rebuilding from *.L5K sometimes works.

Or, make a copy of the project and start deleting Modules (and the routines that reference them) until the error goes away. At least you'll know where it is !

I had a similar error, no details after converting a compact guardlogix program to controllogix and trying to download to a FT Echo emulator.
Ken's suggestion (exporting to l5k and back) seems to have worked.

I had a similar error the other day (don't remember exactly what it was though), and the solution for me was to delete the motor configuration for the Kinetix5500 drive I was using, download the project, re-add the motor, and download again...