Step7 v5.6, Windows 10, G120 drives

bigbadbill

I have an existing project with several Profinet G120 drives. The project opens perfectly fine on my old Windows 7 desktop using Step 7 v5.6. When I try to open the same project on my new Windows 10 desktop, also using Step 7 v5.6, the HW Config gives me a popup complaining about the G120 drives (see attachment).

I can't identify the piece(s) that I'm missing for this to properly open on the Windows 10 machine. Can anybody help?

modules.png

On the pc your having trouble with.. open up Starter and make sure that drive etc is selectable
You my be missing an ssp
(Service pack in starter)

Yes, the drives can be opened and I don't seem to have any issues using Starter to interact with the drives.

My main concern would be if I needed to modify the HWConfig in the PLC... currently, my new machine would not be able to do that.

The HW Update from within the HW Config doesn't find anything for my device. It offers several updates that don't apply to anything I am using. And as far as I can tell I have already installed the SSP for my device & firmware. The device is 6Sl3244-0BB12-1FA0 with firmware 4.70.83.

As far as the GSDML files, I have already installed both of the files from those links. But looking closer at the HW Catalog on both machines, I can see there is a slight difference in versions of the GSDML files. One has v2.3 while the other has v2.31. I can only find downloads available for v2.25 and v2.31... could that be my problem? And if so, how can I find v2.3? Is it possible to copy it from one machine to the other? Where can I locate this gsdml file on that machine??

I still think its a Starter difference

What do you see here?
Inside Starter go to Help>About>System Info

Compare your between your two laptops

starter sysinfo.jpg

--

Also
Do your drives (in the hardware config of your project) have these small triangles ...
Look in the both projects. I assume you see nothing in the project with the error?

starter drivees.jpg

I still think its a Starter difference

What do you see here?
Inside Starter go to Help>About>System Info

Compare your between your two laptops

Comparing between the two Starter versions, I see no difference. I have the same list as you do for all of the G120 versions, in both machines.

Also
Do your drives (in the hardware config of your project) have these small triangles ...
Look in the both projects. I assume you see nothing in the project with the error?

On the non-working machine, the drives do not show up at all. On the working machine, they are as shown in this screenshot.

pnet drives.png