Ge Quickpanel+

Andor

Hello everyone,

I have qp+ 7” and PME 9.8 sim3. Is there a possibility to program the weather in the screen? So not just the temperature but also if the whether is sunny or not? How do I add an external weather/message link? I also have a question about connecting a printer to the qp+. anyone experience with this? can you have the qp+ print a receipt with a number of values?

thanks and apologies for my bad english.

For printing to a generic printer over ethernet, install the printer driver on the QP. Construct a panel containing the information you want to print. Then use a script that includes the "PanelPrint" instruction. On the one job I set up this way, all devices on the network were fixed IP addresses, including the printer. I'm not sure if the USB port on the QP can support printing. If it does, that's another option. So is the serial port.

thank you very much. I am not a pro at programming. Do you have an example project? that I can use as an example.

The owner of the machinery won't permit me to share the project file.

But it's fairly easy to do. You create a new panel called 'NewPanelName' and put whatever static text and variable data you want printed on it. Then create a script that includes the instruction:

PanelPrint NewPanelName

Of course, you can name the panel whatever you want instead of "NewPanelName".

In my application I triggered the script by the true state of a boolean variable named "PB_Label_Print" and I put a button on a panel that turned that variable on. The first line of the script turned PB_Label_Print off.

thank you very much for your help. I understand. I can make the Panel and PB myself. I'm having more trouble writing the script. I'm not good with vbscript. can you write a simple script where i just insert the Pb and the panel? If it is not a lot of work for you? which printer do you recommend? zebra?

Here's one about as simple as it gets. Click the button to print the panel to the default printer. In my case I ran the project on a windows 7 machine and the default printer was connected to a USB port. Your QP is a Windows CE box. You'll have to install the printer driver on it and set it as the default printer. As I said in an earlier post, I'm not sure if the QP supports printing to a USB port. You'll have to experiment to find out.

Thanks a lot, i will look at it later. I have the qp+ 7”, this is the type: IC755CBW07CDA

I think it is possible with usb, below is the specification. by the way, the qp is running Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Compact 7

3.1.3 USBProtocols + device supports In addition to Ethernet and Serial communications, the QuickPanel USB-based communication with the following ports available: • 2xUSB2.0(Type-A) • 1xUSB2.0(MiniType-B) In addition to supporting the attachment of external memory media/disk, the QuickPanel USBports also support the following protocols: Protocol Application-specific † USB † USBToSerial ‡ USBToEthernet USBtoWi-Fi † ‡ ‡ USBprinter driver provides support for printing over a USB connection ‡ Recommended Adapters: + QuickPanel + ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ • USBWi-Fiadaptersbased onthe Ralink chipset -RT2070, 2870, 3070, 3071, or 3072 • USBSerialadapters based on FTDI chipset • USBEthernetadapters based on ASIX AX88179 or AX88772B

This is the specification:
http://https://www.emerson.com/documents/automation/product-data-sheet-quickpanel-emerson-en-6156722.pdf

I found this in the manual:

The QuickPanel+ Operator Interface supports printing with PCL v5 compatible laser and inkjet printers. The printer can be connected by either USB (on models with USB ports) or by a network shared printer over Ethernet. The control panel applet Printers is used to configure the port connection and other general printing options.
For the fastest printing performance, select draft mode and portrait orientation, and disable color for print settings. These settings also minimize the amount of memory needed to print a document.
The built-in driver has a document spooling function to improve GUI performance. This spooler supports only one document at a time. However, on an Ethernet connected printer, the print server usually supports multiple documents in its queue. Windows Embedded Compact 7 does not support the ability to observe which documents are queued up at the printer.
For a list of printers that are compatible with that QuickPanel+ Operator Interface, refer to the document Third Party Device Compatibility (KB8259).