Point to Point Positioning with PF755

Hi,

I'm stumped with this. I'm attempting to perform some positioning using a Powerflex 755 series VFD. First time I've done something like this.

My first issue is homing. I cannot get it to work. By triggering the required bits in the HomingControl register I get the drive into homing mode and the motor runs as expected and hunts but doesn't do anything when the Homing input (wired to UFB card) on the drive is detected.

This homing I have been trying with the Feedback selected to open loop. This i only discovered tonight using the Drive Homing wizard. If change it to Port 5 Param FB1 Position which is where the encoder is attached then the motor starts to vibrate and nothing happens.

Anyone done this before? There are so many parameters in this drive and whilst I've used many times its a different beast in positioning mode.

Any tips appreciated.

I had this EXACT same issue a few years ago- but unfortunately cannot remember how I sorted it in the end.

If you are no better off in the new few days- I will dig out the logic and send across to you.

Oh that would be fantastic. I've spent days on this now with no success. I would be really grateful if you could share what you can. In particular the drive configuration.

@MorphuisOGrady :
This is and abstract of an application I found in my PC , It´s designed for an PF700:

Catalog Number:
1768-L4x, 1756-L6x, 1769-L3xE, PowerFlex 700 VC Drive

Title:
An AOI to convert movement of Virtual Axis in real movement over AC induction motors PowerFlex 700 VC driven, without any motion module.

Description:
This sample code shows how to utilize the AOI_PF700_VR_Axis

Product Family:
Programmable Controllers, Drives.

Product:
Control Logix, Compact Logix, PowerFlex 700 VC

Industries & Applications:
Automotive, Machine Builder-OEM , Converting, Material handling, Metal forming

Technologies & Functionalities :
AOI, Motion Control Routines, Ladder Logic

If you feel this can be useful, just let me know, send me an PM with your email.
I got the whole package.

@MorphuisOGrady :
This is and abstract of an application I found in my PC , It´s designed for an PF700:

Catalog Number:
1768-L4x, 1756-L6x, 1769-L3xE, PowerFlex 700 VC Drive

Title:
An AOI to convert movement of Virtual Axis in real movement over AC induction motors PowerFlex 700 VC driven, without any motion module.

Description:
This sample code shows how to utilize the AOI_PF700_VR_Axis

Product Family:
Programmable Controllers, Drives.

Product:
Control Logix, Compact Logix, PowerFlex 700 VC

Industries & Applications:
Automotive, Machine Builder-OEM , Converting, Material handling, Metal forming

Technologies & Functionalities :
AOI, Motion Control Routines, Ladder Logic

If you feel this can be useful, just let me know, send me an PM with your email.
I got the whole package.

Thanks for that. Do you have the application or a link to download?

@MorphuisOGrady : I have the software ( pdf explanation , XXX.acd, AOI etc) , I looked it up on Rockwell web page but did not find it.
It´s and old version, i have not tested , but just for the sake.