Issue with Goto Display in MAIN - FTVS

kandymann

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello

I am having an annoying issue that I cannot seem to figure out a solution to.

I am using Factory Talk View Studios 6.10 to create a runtime application.

The application works great except for one thing:

The MAIN display has a Login and Logout button as well as a Shutdown button. It also has a Goto Display button called 'Operator Hub'. Once the user is logged in, he/she can press the 'Operator Hub' button to take them to a display where they can choose to start up the process, read plant information, etc etc. The 'Operator Hub' also has a Goto display button that can take the user back to the MAIN display in order to logout and or Shutdown the application if need be.

If I want to go back to the MAIN display once in the Operator Hub display, the goto display 'Operator Hub' no longer works from the MAIN display.

I have to Shutdown the application and Run the application again in order to navigate back to the 'Operator Hub' display after I log back in.

So in a nutshell, the goto display button 'Operator Hub' works just one time once the application starts and the correct user name and password is entered. After that it is totally unresponsive.

I have tried to logout and log back in and still unresponsive unless I Shutdown the application and Run it again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

2-9-2016 10-40-03 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Are you using FTV Machine Edition or Supervisory Edition?

On FTVME there is no Enable feature, so the best option is using the Visibility. I always draw a dummy button behind the real button.

If you use VBA code (FTVSE), you need to enable/activate the Operator Hub button when:

a) A user executes a login/logout action.
b) The main screen is invoked.

Are you using FTV Machine Edition or Supervisory Edition?

On FTVME there is no Enable feature, so the best option is using the Visibility. I always draw a dummy button behind the real button.

If you use VBA code (FTVSE), you need to enable/activate the Operator Hub button when:

a) A user executes a login/logout action.
b) The main screen is invoked.

What's the animation is configured on the Operator Hub button?

It's ME

Thank you all for the replies.

Can you elaborate on a dummy button?

2-9-2016 11-18-56 AM.jpg

OK. Let's go back to the beginning. So from the Main screen after you log in, you can press the Operator Hub button. Then from the operator hub screen, I guess you can press a button to bring you back to the Main screen, correct? Is it at this point that pressing the Operator Hub button has the issue? What issue specifically? Is the button visible and it just doesn't do anything?

OK. Let's go back to the beginning. So from the Main screen after you log in, you can press the Operator Hub button. Then from the operator hub screen, I guess you can press a button to bring you back to the Main screen, correct? Is it at this point that pressing the Operator Hub button has the issue? What issue specifically? Is the button visible and it just doesn't do anything?

Exactly. It's visible but is not responsive. Theoretically I should be able to go back to the 'Operator Hub' display if I am still logged in which I am.

Another question then. What prevents you from pressing the Operator Hub button initially, before you log in? Is it visible? Also how is the Operator Hub button configured?

Last edited:
Another question then. What prevents you from pressing the Operator Hub button initially, before you log in? Is it visible? Also how is the Operator Hub button configured?

What prevents you from pressing the OH button initially? Nothing, but nothing will happen because the OH display requires successful login to access the display. The login meets security code access.

Is it visible? Yes it is visible to anyone.

I have not configured it to do anything other than go to the OH display. As long as the security requirements are met.

That's what I'm asking. How is the button configured to Prevent someone who's not logged in from accessing the Operator Hub screen?

Can you elaborate on a dummy button?
There's no Dummy Button object in FTVME. Since the Button object has a Visible property, you can hide any button using that property. I "draw" a dummy button using a Text object over a Panel object; this dummy button is like a disabled button.

You need to explain how you control the Goto Display button. Are you comparing the current user with a tag???

That's what I'm asking. How is the button configured to Prevent someone who's not logged in from accessing the Operator Hub screen?

The OH screen has a security code 'B' assigned to it. If the user logs in, he/she has access to the OH screen because all users have 'B' security clearance. Getting to the OH screen is not a problem as long as a user is logged in and the application was just ran.

The MAIN screen has no security clearance. Only the OH screen has a security code assigned to it.

And when you go back to the Main screen, you are still logged in? Do you have an indicator somewhere that shows who's logged in? Then if you press the button happens? Do you have access to the diagnostic screen? It might show you what's going on here.

And when you go back to the Main screen, you are still logged in? Do you have an indicator somewhere that shows who's logged in? Then if you press the button happens? Do you have access to the diagnostic screen? It might show you what's going on here.

The diagnostics screen confirms that I am still logged in. It says nothing about being unable to access the OH screen.

The goto button will not even recess when pressed. It's as if it does not exist.