Conveyor Belts Systems Control Design

Pemtaks

Hi can anybody help me to develop ladder diagram for the following requirements.

Process Descriptions:
A conveying system belts consisting of 4 conveyors shall be controlled properly to transport some material over 400m
distance. A ladder diagram for M340 PLC using Unity Pro for sequence control and process interlocking for this
conveyor belt system is needed.

Requirements:
A full sequence control and process interlocking design is required for this conveyor belt system. Conveyors can be
started and stopped individually with local stop/start pushbuttons. Indication of a running conveyor and alarm for
each fault are also needed. Colour codes for different status lights of the conveyors are:
1. Green: Running
2. Yellow: Starting or Stopping
3. Grey: Stopped and Healthy
4. Red: Faulted
Pushbuttons for changing the Auto/manual/local mode selection for conveyors and a stop and a start button for each
conveyor should be assumed.
Group start and stop for sequential control of the conveyors are needed separately, if the mode of operation is “Auto”.
Please note that automatic start and stop of conveyors should consider interlocking restrictions to perform it safely.
Assume the length of conveyors is 100m each and their speed is 5m/s while running at full speed. No material tracking
is needed.
Group start must be from downstream to upstream, whereas group stop must be from upstream to downstream.
Crash Stop causes all conveyors to stop simultaneously.
It is also possible to switch every conveyor belt on/off locally by a pushbutton in Local mode (please see the signals
list).
Additionally, every conveyor is monitored on faults (e.g. on overcurrent or thermal overload, etc.). If a fault is
recognized, it is displayed with proper colour code, where the fault has happened. Then the alarm needs to be reset
first, the fault conditions should be removed and it has to be started again.
In case of a fault, the downstream conveyors keep running to purge completely, then stop.
All conveyors to the point of fault from upstream will be switched off immediately, so that no further material is
transported/dropped on the stopped conveyor. However, all downstream conveyors should be purging and then
stopping with predefined durations (depending on their length and speed), so they need not restart the next time
they are loaded.

Develop a ladder diagram for stopping, starting, purging, and mode changing a conveyor and also for
upstream/downstream process interlocking.

Conditions:
Interlocks:
Fault in conveyor 1: conveyor 2, conveyor 3, conveyor 4 keep running
Fault in conveyor 2: conveyor 3, conveyor 4 keep running
Fault in conveyor 3: conveyor 4 keeps running
Fault in conveyor 4: all 4 conveyors stop

Signals List:
 I1 pushbutton conveyor belt 1 ON (NO‐contact)
 I2 pushbutton conveyor belt 1 OFF (NC‐contact)
 I3 pushbutton conveyor belt 2 ON (NO‐contact)
 I4 pushbutton conveyor belt 2 OFF (NC‐contact)
 I5 pushbutton conveyor belt 3 ON (NO‐contact)
 I6 pushbutton conveyor belt 3 OFF (NC‐contact)
 I7 pushbutton conveyor belt 4 ON (NO‐contact)
 I8 pushbutton conveyor belt 4 OFF (NC‐contact)

The first question for you would be, what are you stuck on? This seems a fairly simple assignment. Please post what you have so far, and more help will be offered.

Bubba.

Where should I submit a quote to?
I have some budgetary numbers right now, but if you detail out your preferred hardware requirements, I can put together a full quote including design, assembly, programming, testing, installation, and commissioning.

If you do not wish commissioning time included with the quote, it can be added on an hourly basis for $150/hr, with a 20% surcharge on all travel related expenses.

Pemtaks,

Welcome to the forum.

If this is homework, as stated, zip your work and post it. we will offer help.
we don't mind at all, we won't do your homework for you.
If this is a work project, Most everyone gets paid for their work and it will do you no good if we do your work for you because you will get found out, and we get the calls to debug your system when things go wrong.

May I suggest the following.
1. the write up is already done
2. select plc and I/o modules to use
3. break the program up into parts.
conveyor 1
do the interlocks for 1 and 2
4. repeat for conveyors 3 and 4.

not slamming you in any way,
james

Where should I submit a quote to?
I have some budgetary numbers right now, but if you detail out your preferred hardware requirements, I can put together a full quote including design, assembly, programming, testing, installation, and commissioning.

If you do not wish commissioning time included with the quote, it can be added on an hourly basis for $150/hr, with a 20% surcharge on all travel related expenses.

maybe i need to raise my rates too...

or better yet i can quote the job abd be under your quote.... haha Just Joking.

Assume the length of conveyors is 100m each and their speed is 5m/s while running at full speed.

Based on this id say it is homework...
Otherwise it is a poor control philosophy writeup, shouldnt ever Assume anything IMO

Write a function block that's applicable to all 4 sections of conveyor. From there the interlocking is easy.