You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old July 3rd, 2019, 11:46 AM   #1
Hal9000
United Kingdom

WinCC RT Pro / WebNavigator V15.1 and SIMATIC Logon

Dear Support,

I am working on a new WinCC Professional V15.1 project. My customer wants to use active directory with my application. I understand that I need to use SIMATIC Logon to support AD, is this correct?

I have purchased 3x WinCC WebNavigator client license. I need to understand what is required to set up Web Navigator to work in this arrangement. I can not seem to find any specific information around this.
In addition there are WebNavigator settings in WinCC RT Pro relating to user groups, but it is not clear as to what the settings actually do. For example;

In WinCC RT Pro> Runtime Settings> Web Navigator> Additional Settings:

The check-box option 'Disable local user groups' - what does this actually do? (see attached image)

The tool-tip states: 'Specifies that the local user groups used by SIMATIC Logon are not assigned to the WinCC groups.'

However, the Info help-files states: 'Define the local user group is disabled on the WebNavigator Server'.

Basically, I need to know if WebNavigator work with SIMATIC Logon when using active directory?

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Justin
Attached Images
File Type: png WebNavigator Settings.PNG (18.6 KB, 17 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum