WinCC RT Pro / WebNavigator V15.1 and SIMATIC Logon

Hal9000

Dear Support,

I am working on a new WinCC Professional V15.1 project. My customer wants to use active directory with my application. I understand that I need to use SIMATIC Logon to support AD, is this correct?

I have purchased 3x WinCC WebNavigator client license. I need to understand what is required to set up Web Navigator to work in this arrangement. I can not seem to find any specific information around this.
In addition there are WebNavigator settings in WinCC RT Pro relating to user groups, but it is not clear as to what the settings actually do. For example;

In WinCC RT Pro> Runtime Settings> Web Navigator> Additional Settings:

The check-box option 'Disable local user groups' - what does this actually do? (see attached image)

The tool-tip states: 'Specifies that the local user groups used by SIMATIC Logon are not assigned to the WinCC groups.'

However, the Info help-files states: 'Define the local user group is disabled on the WebNavigator Server'.

Basically, I need to know if WebNavigator work with SIMATIC Logon when using active directory?

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Justin

WebNavigator Settings.PNG