B&R 5C2000.02 No Display Output

KeepItSimple

Effectively, the display panel appears dark (displaying nothing).
I am told that, approximately 1 year ago, when the display went dark the operators were still able to use the touch screen to control the machine (without being able to see anything on the display) but I have not yet been able to verify that myself, because I do not know where on screen to touch and don't want to have the machine do anything unexpected...
Initially, it was presumed that the back light for the display had failed and a rebuilt display was procured because the display is no longer being produced.
But that did not help, the display still did not work.
When I came to look at the machine I noticed that the industrial PC mounted on the back of the display panel had a monitor port; so I connected an external monitor but it did not work (the monitor displays "no video input" with the IPC but with a laptop it displays properly). The IPC power light illuminates and beeps three times in quick succession when the power is turned on or the reset button is pressed. The documentation for the IPC (B&R 5C2000.02) indicates that even if it does not boot it should still display the BIOS screen, but is does not... so perhaps it is the display driver because it apparently drives both the flat panel display and the external monitor...
However, when I connected an external keyboard to the IPC i got no indication that the keyboard was working (no lights on the CAP Lock or NUM Lock, but perhaps the IPC does not normally drive/illuminate those...) and no beeping if I hold any random key down for a long period (I did not think at the time to try the CTRL-ALT-DEL key combination to see if it initiated a system reset.)
I will try some of these things when I get back to the machine and also try to find someone who may remember where to touch the screen to get a response.
But at this point I do not know if the IPC itself is failing or if only the display driver is failing...

Does anyone have any clue what might be wrong with the IPC or even basic information on testing the B&R 5C2000.02?
I have sent a support message to B&R over a week ago but have not yet received a response and don't even know if they are willing to offer support on this obsolete model...

Do you have a backup of the programs that are running on the IPC ?
No experience with B&R IPCs, but if I were in your situation I wouldnt bother trying to fix the IPC. When it is out of production, then repairs or spares will be prohibitively expensive, more expensive than just buying a new IPC.
If you are in a hurry to get the production going, then a quick fix could be to install the software on a regular PC or laptop. That is one of the advantages that you have with PC based solutions.

Apparently no backup is available. I have been in contact with producer of the machine but don't know if I will be successful in getting the code from them for the obsolete machine...
That is one of the driving factors for trying to diagnose the problem rather than going directly to replacement options...
If anyone happens to know how to extract the code from the builtin FPROM that would be appropriated.