MSR57P Speed Monitoring Safety Relay

Mike Lewallen

Allen Bradley finally shipped my MSR57P safety relay. The relay will be wired to an existing continous web system. There are 24 motor/encoders in this web system. I plan on hooking the master encoder (in parallel) to the relay. When the line is running less than 100fpm, the relay will unlock 8 gates that guard nip points in the machine. This is necessary to thread the machine up upon a web break. The gates are to be held close (above 100fpm) with Allen Bradley TLS3-GD2 Gate interlocks.

Does anyone have any experience with this new relay?

I'm looking for some examples, wiring diagrams, etc. that are not from the installion manual (I have those).

Setting up all of the parameters looks fun also!