Historical trend display. Cached or not?

Suseh

Hi All,

i want to discuss with you my approach to display historical trend.
To collect historical trend i use FactoryTalk Historian.
On my trend display i have list of historical pens. When someone choose pen from the list it goes (the name of pen) to combobox as choosen. There are 10 of them.
To make them remembered (choosen pens on historical trend object and comboboxes) i put the display into cache memory (display option "cached after displaying").
Everything seems to work fine.
But i was wondering if this solution will works good?

The second solution (i don't try it yet) is save historical trend template when the operator change trend display to other and open it during re-open the trend display.
The similar action with comboboxes: save caption name from comboboxes to some global variables (?) and put it during re-open. On this approach i will uncheck display from the cache option.

What do you think about it? What's your experience?
Thanks for any advice.