FactoryTalk Studio Change Default Project Directory

dsait

Does anybody know if it is possible to change the default project folder for FactoryTalk Studio ME projects?

Running FactoryTalk Studio ME version 9

I have a NAS hooked up to the network and would like to move the studio projects there as well if it is possible.

Thanks in Advance
D

I have this same question but I see the original poster didn't get any replies.

I access all my automation project files through OneDrive so I can open the projects on multiple machines but I can't find a way to do this with FactoryTalk View Machine Edition.

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the location of the projects folder so it can be in a shared and synchronised location such as a OneDrive folder?

Found a way to do it with symlinks

I know this is a very very necro of this post, but it's the first result on google for the topic:

You can do this with windows symlinks.

Copy your HMI files to where you want them to live. (Also make a backup)

Open powershell as an admin and move to the parent directory of where you HMI projects were.

Use the command:

New-Item -ItemType symboliclink -Path "HMI projects" -target "\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\*******"

Path will most likely stay "HMI projects" your target should be where you placed your new file. Mine are shared between my two VMs, so I put them in that share. Yours could be a NAS device, network share, whatever.

Enjoy.

WOW That's amazing !!

I know this is a very very necro of this post, but it's the first result on google for the topic:

You can do this with windows symlinks.

Copy your HMI files to where you want them to live. (Also make a backup)

Open powershell as an admin and move to the parent directory of where you HMI projects were.

Use the command:

New-Item -ItemType symboliclink -Path "HMI projects" -target "\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\*******"

Path will most likely stay "HMI projects" your target should be where you placed your new file. Mine are shared between my two VMs, so I put them in that share. Yours could be a NAS device, network share, whatever.

Enjoy.

Maveric100 that's perfect solution !
Thanks a lot it works very well