Looking for a Way to make a Time Stamp Logix 5000

Ashley, or anyone?

Do yo know how to( from the point of the GSV being concatenate how i could capture that time for a fault and store them later?

If you create another dimensional to the array of your Time/Date array and use this new dimension as the fault number and add 1 to it every time there is a fault.

Set a variable for the new dimension, say 'index' this is the value that gets 1 added to it when a fault condition arises.

You can then look back at the array and see a list of the date and times it was triggered.

Here you go. I've just used an Array of 8 DINTs in a UDT for my date and time storage, so you will have to adapt to your needs.

Then created another local tag using type of that UDT and an array of 100, this will store the time and date for 100 faults.

The rest of the program is self explanatory.

Last edited:
Question - Invalid data type error

Hi,

I tried doing what you suggested using GSV, DTOS and CONCAT however, when I try to write '-' to my DateTime string I get an "Invalid data type. Argument must match parameter data type" error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi,

I tried doing what you suggested using GSV, DTOS and CONCAT however, when I try to write '-' to my DateTime string I get an "Invalid data type. Argument must match parameter data type" error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you look at the Help for the CONCAT instruction, Source B must be of a "String" data-type. You cannot specify a literal ASCII character like "-".

One way round this would be to make a new STRING data-type with length of 1. You will then have to initialise a tag made from that data-type (use the tag monitor) to contain "-" as the single character. Then you will be able to CONCAT that string onto the end of another.

Another way would be to MOV the ASCII value of "-" to the end of the existing string, and add 1 to the LEN