OPC Kepware ref.Global.Tag vs ref.Tag - Rockwell v30 L33erm

VAN

OK, this might be simple but I always remembered when accessing rockwell "global tags" or tags at the top level you could just ignore the global when referencing them.

What I'm seeing for unknown reasons is a tag with and without the global, which is fine who care. My problem is 3 of the tags match time and value but 1 tag is rogue. I ref. the tags without Global but for some reason its like I'm polling the .Global. tag into historian.

Anyone seen this and am I wrong in thinking ref.Global.Tag is ref.Tag and its the same tag? (I can't find separate tags in the PLC.)

:confused:

The typical syntax is Program:programName.TagName

Where ProgramName is the name of the program that the tag is declared in.

That's what I thought, but at the PLC level (all programs can access) can you drop the .Global. and it should point to the same tag?