bootp Trying to set up a out of the box new plc

miller20

I just bought a new compact logix 5069-L306ER i am trying to set up the IP address thats working fine but for some dang reason i can not disable the DHCP. Can someone help me out with this? i attached some pictures to show what i am talking about.

THanks

ip address.jpg ip address 1.jpg ip address 2.jpg ip address 3.jpg ip address 4.jpg

Once you have set the IP address of the Device via BOOTP you need to ensure your computer is on the same subnet to disable the DHCP other wise it cannot connect to do this.

make sure you can ping the device from command prompt before you attempt to disable DHCP, if it pings successfully you should be good to go.

the trap is once you use BOOTP to enter the IP it changes straight away and if your computer is not in same ip range it cannot communicate, hence why you need to change computer adapter settings, just remember to take note of what they are so you can revert back.

if the IP address you set the device is on same subnet you don't need to change you adapter settings at all.

on the first connection I always use the USB connection t first Flash the Firmware and then set the IP address along with ll the ethernet configuration information
Remember all the ethernet configuration information will be overwritten when you flash the firmware
I also like to set them up with a fixed IP address and subnet that way i always kuow where to find them

What everyone else has said, USB and run with it.

Old school approaches would be multiple IP addresses on your NIC or a device that can set a DHCP IP address and then set the IP address to the device. I've used all kinds of devices in the past but I picked up a IP Explorer Professional just because its small and I can just throw it in my go bag and not have to worry.