FTView parameter file active

Dariusincj

I have a program that will have 20 parameter files for 1 page, and have 5 pages with 20 each. What i'm trying to figure out is how can i enable a bit in my plc when a certain parameter file is enabled. I know i can create an internal tag in the FTView which i'm doing, but wasn't sure how i can write a tag to the PLC when one is being used.
I have FTVIew ME and not SE. If i had SE i would use something like the 'Touch' animation for my screen change the loads the parameter file.

Last edited:
This should work but you may have to test it.
In the parameter file set a referance like #20 to be a PLC tag you want to set. Then for the screens Startup Macro set #20 to the value you want in the expression.

JaxGTO has a solution similar to what I would suggest. But in my method, you wouldn't write to the PLC from the parameter file. Instead, you might have:

#20 = 1 ----- That would be in one parameter file
#20 = 2 ----- In the next

That is using the example of #20 he used above. Then so on with each parameter file getting a unique value for #20. The number is entirely up to you. But that number still needs to get into the PLC. That's where a macro would come in. Create one macro with #20 going to the PLC tag and have that macro execute when the display opens.

OG

Last edited:
JaxGTO has a solution similar to what I would suggest. But in my method, you wouldn't write to the PLC from the parameter file. Instead, you might have:

#20 = 1 ----- That would be in one parameter file
#20 = 2 ----- In the next

That is using the example of #20 he used above. Then so on with each parameter file getting a unique value for #20. The number is entirely up to you. But that number still needs to get into the PLC. That's where a macro would come in. Create one macro with #20 going to the PLC tag and have that macro execute when the display opens.

OG

This is how I would do it as well.

I created a macro just now. If {#101} == 1 then enable {[PLC]Parameter_File.1}, if == 2 then .2 and so on. About to try it out and see what i get.
Thanks all.

I created a macro just now. If {#101} == 1 then enable {[PLC]Parameter_File.1}, if == 2 then .2 and so on. About to try it out and see what i get.
Thanks all.

Well that didn't work like i was wanting. I just want to enable a bit in the PLC if a certain parameter file is enabled. I have HMI internal tags so that if parameter file A is enabled, then InternalTagA = 1, if file B is enabled then TagB is = 2, and so on. I am eventually going to have 20 parameter files that could be enabled. Just wish there was an easier way with ME.