Power flex 525 ethernet

Or you could match the drive in the project.

Go offline and open up the properties for the drive in question, there will be a button that says change, click on that and then click on the match drive button, navigate to the drive in question through RSLinx when prompted, Logix/Studio5000 will the correlate the drive into the project.
after this is done, download the project to the processor, and put it back into run mode, now the PLC be able to communicate with the drive.

Note, this is from memory so you may need to use this as a guideline as I may have missed a step.

Alan

If the power section of the old Powerflex 525 is what failed, which is what is most common, you can take the control module from the old drive and put it in the new one. All the information is in the control module, so if you use the old control module there are no parameters or firmware to have configure.

Or you could match the drive in the project.

Go offline and open up the properties for the drive in question, there will be a button that says change, click on that and then click on the match drive button, navigate to the drive in question through RSLinx when prompted, Logix/Studio5000 will the correlate the drive into the project.
after this is done, download the project to the processor, and put it back into run mode, now the PLC be able to communicate with the drive.

Note, this is from memory so you may need to use this as a guideline as I may have missed a step.

Alan

I recall this being needed for any drive being added to a project. It's been awhile but I remember that being one of the first things I did when I could actually get hands on with the drives during start ups.

I recall this being needed for any drive being added to a project. It's been awhile but I remember that being one of the first things I did when I could actually get hands on with the drives during start ups.

I don't do it like this...
I'm not 100% but if you did this with a new out of the box unit, wouldn't you upload and write over your projects original drive profile, parameters and data links? Perhaps not, I simply don't use this method perhaps I'm wrong about that, it is what I would be worried about happening ever since I goofed a replacement and long story short, ended up using FRN 1.XYZ to get running again without doing a download...

My method. I take it out of the box, hard factory reset as a habit, assign IP via parameters set, set the the IP and subnet, power cycle, flash the firmware from Studio, download to drive. This is just what works for me.

I don't do it like this...
I'm not 100% but if you did this with a new out of the box unit, wouldn't you upload and write over your projects original drive profile, parameters and data links? Perhaps not, I simply don't use this method perhaps I'm wrong about that, it is what I would be worried about happening ever since I goofed a replacement and long story short, ended up using FRN 1.XYZ to get running again without doing a download...

My method. I take it out of the box, hard factory reset as a habit, assign IP via parameters set, set the the IP and subnet, power cycle, flash the firmware from Studio, download to drive. This is just what works for me.

I remember it just being easier, don't know if it was the best way. For whatever reason something would be just off and downloading the drive parameters always seemed to work and I didn't have to ignore firmware versions.

It has been a few years ago when I had to commission a new VFD on Ethernet IP and it took me several hours to get the right AOP for the new firmware and then I had to take the whole water plant down long enough to add that to the PLC. There was trouble not only finding the right add on profile but my minor rev of RSLogix 5000 was also inadequate so I had to download a new version of RSLogix first.

Ethernet/IP for VFD control is all cool and shift, until you run into a firmware mismatch and A/B CANNOT seem to quit farging with drive firmware. If I had a nickel for every time I replaced a Powerflex drive and the firmware was an exact match, I would have two of them to rub together.

Sorry took so long to get back still no luck yet on this drive. But I did get the drive flashed and when I load the parameters back this is what I am getting.

D49B4A40-BF10-4058-BEA7-B54A03DEDDFE.jpg

Have a look at the XML file. It normally has a entry at the top with the firmware level in it. Change it to 4 or use the original parameter file you copied from the first drive.

Or as others have said put the control module of the failed drive on the new power section.