Alternative software for GX-Developer GX-work2

Not sure if it will **** of Mitsubishi, my old apprentice did a lot of learning on a clone & now he will use Mitsi products if he has the choice so in some ways it may be to their advantage.

I thought the same... I wonder if thats why they let them be around without much of a fight, its kind a like what Apple did with their mac and giving them to high schools so kids learn their platform and want to stick with it once they get out into the real world

I don't think so. GxWorks3 and Gx Developer are not comparable in 70% of programming, they have even different instruction set. Gx Developer is very non intuitive, a dinosaurs from past, on other side GxWorks3 became very powerful tool with options I just can find in same class of products.
Mitsubishi has impeccable reputation regarding reliability, and with this clones it is all about luck, it may work good or not. I tried few clones with very different results. In last year I've received a lot of official notifications from Mitsi about how to spot a fake, a about changes in packaging, casing and labels because of counterfeits.
In China Mitsubishi's PLCs are most used ones. Programs I've seen coming from China in small and medium sized machines had a lot of issues.
I can imagine that Mitsubishi clones are project from China, so that they can expand base of better PLC programmers.
Also it is important to note that clones can be programmed with Gx Developer, neither with GxWorks2, GxWorks3 nor GX IEC Developer.

Some of the clones (even very cheap ones) can be programmed with GXWorks, I have done it, support for FBD is supported, however the built in functions have not been updated to the latest FX versions.
As I stated, before, The ones I tried are not what you would call clones as such, they do not look like the FX range just open boards or a simple Klippon type module enclosure. However, there are a number of instructions that cannot be used but most of the common ones can be. For a test, I Programmed a PID loop in FBD on GXWorks2 & tested it, this worked fine. See code in PDF & pic of the unit.

FX Clone.jpg

Attachments

• PID in FBD Clone.pdf
    82.1 KB · Views: 13
Some of the clones (even very cheap ones) can be programmed with GXWorks, I have done it, support for FBD is supported, however the built in functions have not been updated to the latest FX versions.
As I stated, before, The ones I tried are not what you would call clones as such, they do not look like the FX range just open boards or a simple Klippon type module enclosure. However, there are a number of instructions that cannot be used but most of the common ones can be. For a test, I Programmed a PID loop in FBD on GXWorks2 & tested it, this worked fine. See code in PDF & pic of the unit.

Interesting. Nice to hear it.