Siemens Step 7 - Export All tags with comments for excel sheet

gerberz

I am using Siemens Step 7 v5.6

I am trying to Export all Tags along with the tag comments for a excel sheet.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this done?

Using reference data and cross reference I am able to bring up the full tag list but there are no comments.

Siemens have own old excel sheet with macros for inport and export.

https://support.industry.siemens.co...-x-from-an-ms-excel-2003-table?dti=0&lc=en-WW

It was also possibly that you save own excel sheet to for text limited file, then changed file type, import it sources and compile.

But not sure if you can export db to source then save to awl file and import to openoffice.
https://support.industry.siemens.co...7-variables-into-a-data-block-?dti=0&lc=en-WW

With siemens own excel sheet it should work easier still. (You can browse DB source files directly from step7 project to excel or with saving first to awl and import/export on step7 side before macro commmands)

Last edited:
Maybe try Siemens TIA Portal? Maybe they have a conversion tool for import step 7 programs. See if the distributor has any knowledge of these import functions that would cut down on your conversions of descriptors and nomenclature.

Maybe try Siemens TIA Portal? Maybe they have a conversion tool for import step 7 programs. See if the distributor has any knowledge of these import functions that would cut down on your conversions of descriptors and nomenclature.

A few of the programs are in TIA portal, How would you go about exporting all the same info from TIA portal?

When quoting webpages from Siemens support, it is best to use the "Copy URL" function in the upper right corner.
You will then get a link like this which will work reliably:
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/15162450

If you copy the link displayed in your browsers address bar, it may be automatically generated based on your user name or your location, and it may not work for others.

From past experience, Siemen has always been resistant to exportation of PLC tags and comments. You would think they would accept a tag builder type import with a .CSV file but nothing from TIA Portal the last time I worked with it (2 years ago). Definitely check with distributor for options and unofficial workarounds.