Cooling Options

Tim Ganz

I have to build a new cabinet to house a 22-inch touch screen, Mini PC, Panel Mount UPS, Ethernet Switch.

It will be in an area that is extremely dusty but the area is air-conditioned so I am not sure if I should go with a good filtered fan since the area is already cool or but the smallest cabinet ac unit I can find.

A compressed air cooler is not an option as there is not compressed air near that could be used.

With an ac unit, I worry about the filters not being maintained properly and causing condensation and spraying out on the computer.

Suggestions?

I'v been using the Rittal Water Cooled AC units.
No filters to clean! Work great and they are sanitary designed for food plant use.
Ill never use a fan again, unless price is a consideration and I'm not responsible for dealing with a panel that is dirty and cooking inside after the fact. That can get costly.

Tim,

since you mentioned dust, you need to find out the area classification. if it's
rated class 2 then you have more work to do to meet the hazardous rating.
i had an issue years ago due to this same issue.
james

Tim
I would have close look at the TECO
they have exactly what you are looking
not filters as none are necessary, their is no air exchange between the air inside and outside the only moving parts are the easily replace box fans use to circulate the air over the fins.
I would stay away any of the air operated vortex coolers plant air usually have oil in the air lines the will get in you cabinet ad coat all the controls and just make a general mess
The biggest problem I have found is getting the plant perisomal keep the door closed and sealed

You said the area is air conditioned. Run the calculations to see if enough heat can be dissipated through the enclosure walls by conduction without a fan, AC, etc. You may not need any of them.

I agree with jaden. If the area is already cooled, you may not need to add cooling. If you do, it may be minimal. If that is the case, a heat exchanger product may suffice.