What are you using for labeling your control enclosures

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
What are people using to put their manufacturing tag on industrial control panels that they build for other people?

Do you you an adhesive label or mechanical label?

If a mechanical label, how do you attach it to maintain the enclosure environmental rating?

Usually use adhesive label. Sometimes when requested for fixed mechanical label, I use self tapping screws with a sealant on the screw.

It's less about form and more about function

Paper, Plastic, Metal...Logo, Size... does not matter.

Succinct content DOES matter. There are two overlapping codes in NFPA 70 National Electrical Code which dictates the minimum electrical specifications that SHALL be listed on the marking.

See:
409.110 Industrial Control Panels, Marking
670.3 Industrial Machinery, Machine Nameplate Data

If shipping international, CE and other International codes may apply.

Regards

Plastic