Plc suggestion

RockyNivas

Hi All,

Could you please help me to find a PLC with 8-10 DI and 4-8 DO(Relay type) with RS 232 Port regardless the brand within 66mm length regardless the brand.

Thanks in advance.

The range of small PLC's are large, what are you willing to spend, for example the PLC itself, programming software type of HMI Not many have 232 ports now, and most HMI's support 422/485 or Ethernet. my thoughts are click, Mitsubishi (would need either 232 to 422 converter or a 232 board add on). Rockwell, Omron. The things you need to consider are the cost of the hardware, the cost of the software there are I believe a few where the software is free.
Is this for a particular project or just for obtaining or updating your skills.

Which HMI is it then ? The HMI and the protocols that it supports decide what PLCs can be connected.

If you haven't decided on a specific HMI, then consider ethernet instead of RS232.
RS232 is arcaic and limited in every way. PLCs with Ethernet are not more expensive than PLCs with a serial port.

Exactly which Weintek HMI then ?

Btw. are you sure it is a good idea to let an ancient HMI decide which PLC you want to use for many years forward ? Just to save a little bit of money on a new HMI.

I apologize for the wrong information. I am using Wecon PI8102 HMI. Since there are two PLCs connected to that HMI. The another PLC is OMRON which is doing to major control part and another one is what I am looking for has only few control operation and also a Temperature Control. That's why I don't want to change the HMI.

Mitsubishi FX3S-14 with 232-BD card.
Or you can add extension card to Omron.

Last edited: