Insufficient resources exist on SOME_CLX_PLC to support Alarm & Event functionality.

Yashka

Insufficient resources exist on SOME_CLX_PLC to support Alarm & Event functionality.

Hi All
AB question. Please help me sort out this error in FT View. I've attached the screenshot with available memory on this ControlLogix 1756-L61 V20.19 controller. I have the same PLC with similar occupied resources but one is working fine. Factory Talk Studio is version 10.0

What is going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

memory.png

Last edited:
I've had a similar issue, I think the program works "fine" but I ended up going up a PLC size and put in L7x series.

Can you look at studio5000 task monitor and connect to the PLC? Unsure if this tool will give anymore info.

edit - if you have the support contract go to BF22147 unsure about the rockwell contract and me posting out of it.

From memory to recompile the actual memory, you'd have to flash the controller and then check code for errors and download to PLC.

Last edited:
I've had a similar issue, I think the program works "fine" but I ended up going up a PLC size and put in L7x series.

Can you look at studio5000 task monitor and connect to the PLC? Unsure if this tool will give anymore info.
Yes, I did it first of all. All working smooth and fine. CPU load < 30%, Network load < 5%, memory ~=50%. Any artifacts were found.

edit - if you have the support contract go to BF22147 unsure about the rockwell contract and me posting out of it.
Unfortunately, I don't have.

From memory to recompile the actual memory, you'd have to flash the controller and then check code for errors and download to PLC.
Could you explain me a little bit in detail? Do I have to download my current program and restart PLC for free memory?

Could you explain me a little bit in detail? Do I have to download my current program and restart PLC for free memory?

From your picture the largest free block of memory is only ~100k, so if you flash the firmware and redownload your current PLC program it may make your largest free block of memory larger.

Or upgrade your PLC to the next larger memory size.

From your picture the largest free block of memory is only ~100k, so if you flash the firmware and redownload your current PLC program it may make your largest free block of memory larger.

Or upgrade your PLC to the next larger memory size.

OK. I've got it, thanks.