1734-232ASC and ViewMarq Display

VT_PLC

Hi All,

I'm trying to connect a 1734-232ASC to a ViewMarq overhead display and I cannot figure this out for some reason.

I have the baud rate set as 19200 as they recommend along with parity, stop bits set to 1 and data bits set to 8 as they recommend. I have the tx from the card wired to the rx on the display, the rx on the card wired to the tx on the display, and the signal ground wired. The display is also set to the same.

When I trigger a send in the logic the tx on the card flashes but the display does not update and the rx on the card does not flash. The receive record also does not update in the tags.

I am including the delimiter $R in the module configuration and have tried adding this into the string, adding quotes, removing quotes, .etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

View_1.jpg View_2.jpg View_3.jpg View_4.jpg View_5.jpg

this is just a GUESS ... do you have "Handshaking" turned OFF or ON? ...

just in case you're not familiar with that setting - if Handshaking is turned ON at either end, then you need additional wires connected beside Receive, Transmit, and Signal Ground ...

so ...

give it another try with "Handshaking" turned OFF at both ends of the line ...

good luck with it - and welcome to the forum ...

Hi Ron,

I kept changing other settings and I ended up getting it to work.

I had to set the transmit data to "ignore the delimiter" in the module configuration and instead add the delimiter, $R, onto the end of the string that I wanted to transmit!

Seems odd since I thought if I had it set to "include the delimiter" with a value of $R in the configuration setting it would do the same thing as putting it at the end of the string and setting the module to ignore it.

I hope this helps someone in the future who may have had the trouble I did, I searched for hours without finding an answer.

Thanks!

-Alec