One Motor as Master and other Two Motor as Slave

I have to make a logic in which one motor function as master and other two as slave but it depends upon user input, user can assign any motor as master. Let's say user gives 20 as a input and this number will divide in 5:3:2 ratio that means first number denotes Master motor and remaining two number for Slave run time. I have given this task to make program on my new AB MicroLogix 1400 PLC.

When I think of motors set up in a master/slave relationship I think of the slave's speed being controlled by the master. When the master's speed increases or decreases, the slave's speed increases or decreases along with it. That doesn't sound like what you're describing, but I can't picture what you want the motors to do.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

It sounds like you are describing a "lead / lag" pump control logic for runtime, not for speed or position control.

The more context and detail you can provide, the better.

A basic "how do I program a lead/lag system" is a common controls challenge that's often a question in technical schools. If you are a student, please let us know and show as much of your work as you can.

I have to make a logic in which one motor function as master and other two as slave but it depends upon user input, user can assign any motor as master. Let's say user gives 20 as a input and this number will divide in 5:3:2 ratio that means first number denotes Master motor and remaining two number for Slave run time. I have given this task to make program on my new AB MicroLogix 1400 PLC.

Is this for a real job?

User can select any motor as master? OK...

Why not just select the motors you want to run and how long you want them to run and start?

So many questions, but this sounds like homework.

Last edited: