1336 vfd drive

miller20

alright guys i got a good 1 for you is there anyway to get the parameters off the HIM on at 1336 VFD drive from 1994. The drive is burnt out can not get it to come on want to replace it but kinda need the old parameters.

Thanks

IMG_3493.jpg

There's a throwback Thursday for you !

This is a "1336 Classic", before the 1336 Plus or the 1336 Plus II. It didn't have a modular "Human Interface Module", just a keypad that interfaced with the main control board.

Saving the parameters into a HIM module's flash memory to do a "HIM Copycat" was a feature of later drives.

Unless you can take off the Main Control Board and figure out what voltage to connect to J1, J6, or J7 plugs to power it up without the power structure of the drive, I think this is going to have to be a reverse-engineering project for you, examining the start/stop and reference logic, the load on the motor, and the operational needs of the driven load. I worked on the 1336 extensively but don't have notes about how to power up the main control board on a bench.

Last edited:
alright guys i got a good 1 for you is there anyway to get the parameters off the HIM on at 1336 VFD drive from 1994. The drive is burnt out can not get it to come on want to replace it but kinda need the old parameters.

Thanks

As mentioned, I think you are out of luck on the parameters.

On the positive side - there are few parameters to mess with!

What sort of load did it drive? Just a local start/stop? Was it driving a light or a gauge (for amps maybe)?

I think it only did V/Hz control .. not to say this will be easy but the number of options was .. limited?

The 1336 was unsophisticated compared to modern drives, but was a sturdy performer in its era.

Yes, it's a V/Hz only drive. No encoders, no vector control. Ordinary boost features.

They sized them as "Variable Torque" and "Continuous Torque' models which was really about power, not performance or functions. I think the 1336-B010 was nominally a 10 HP drive.

The keypad had access to about 90 parameters, many of which are of course diagnostic and read-only. The setup was largely min/max values and motor configuration parameters.