Studio 5000 .L5K Export/Import to clean up code

Dayvieboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Curious if anybody has any documentation or input on what this exactly does
Many times when I have a problem it is one of the first things tech support recommends.
It's almost like asking "did you cycle the power"
They all have a bit different take on what it does & have no reference documents to back it up
It takes the Binary .ACD & converts to XML
then converts the XML back to Binary .ACD?
Which I could always dissect & compare, looking for an easier answer
It usually makes the file a bit smaller
But it does not tell what it stripped out or modified
Tech support says it cleans up AOP's & Modules issues,
But what does it reference to clean it up?
Any insight would be appreciated
Thanks!!!

The process corrects corrupted sections of the file. It is a recompile of the code by Studio 5000. Error checking is part of this process. There is no documentation that I can find. If you want to find what was changed I would create a new L5k from the recompiled project. Then open both the original L5K and the new in Notepad plus and compare them.