B&R 2005 upload and download

AConrad

I've been instructed to suck the program out of one plc and install it in another of the same model for the same process. This is my first attempt at trying this software or one of these PLC's.

The software we have is PG2000 V2.41 I found on 3.5 floppy disks.

I managed to get it to connect via rs232 and can view the PCC through Target > Monitor.

At this point I believe I'm supposed to open the GDM to show my current project, and then hit Project > Synchronize to upload to the GDM.

It shows some of the modules appear to upload, but then I get a message that says:
GDM Layer from PCC > RPS < Processor > CPU < not available

It behaves this way regardless of the key being in run or program mode.

I know very little about how this is supposed to work, so I feel stuck at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=93800

"System 2005, despite the name, was released in the year 2000 and so is now getting pretty old. your system was probably originally programmed in AS2.X and so it is unlikely that the PLC has the source code downloaded to it. You will need to track down the people that originally made the machine to get the program from them. You might get lucky though, you can connect to the PLC using an FTP client and check the F:\ partition to see if the source code was placed there."

This may help you out.
Regards,