Allend Bradley PowerFlex 755 VFD, analog output.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I need help with the parameters to set in order to read motor amperage from this VFD analog output.

Thank you!

One of the main differences between the PF753 and the PF755 is that the PF753 has analog on the main board.
To get analog on the PF755 you must use a option board, the parameters will be the same as teh above screenshot but will have different parameter numbers.

Alan

Correct. And there is only one manual for both versions. The reason you can't find info on programming the analog output on a 755 is because there are no outputs at all on the bare drive, only one digital input. All othe I/O is added with cards and the programming of those cards depends on which slot you plug them into.

One of the main differences between the PF753 and the PF755 is that the PF753 has analog on the main board.
To get analog on the PF755 you must use a option board, the parameters will be the same as teh above screenshot but will have different parameter numbers.

Alan

This explains my confusion!
As a side note, for me it does not make sense that a high end VFD doesn't have analog outputs on board. That's why I prefer ABB!

This explains my confusion!
As a side note, for me it does not make sense that a high end VFD doesn't have analog outputs on board. That's why I prefer ABB!
Different markets. ABB is not in the networked control business in the same way A-B is. Sure they have it available, but no market share for controllers, so they have to make theirs adaptable to other control systems, which isn't as easy to implement.

The 755 is INTENDED to be used as a network connected drive connected to A-B controllers. So your desire for an analog output is in conflict with the person using it as a network connected drive and saying "Why do I have to pay for all this I/O that I never use?" If you want I/O on the drive, you select the 753.

Different markets. ABB is not in the networked control business in the same way A-B is. Sure they have it available, but no market share for controllers, so they have to make theirs adaptable to other control systems, which isn't as easy to implement.

The 755 is INTENDED to be used as a network connected drive connected to A-B controllers. So your desire for an analog output is in conflict with the person using it as a network connected drive and saying "Why do I have to pay for all this I/O that I never use?" If you want I/O on the drive, you select the 753.
Very good explanation, thank you!

I like ABB for little things like a Local/Remote button, 3 line Advanced display, and also for good price, quality and free tech support.
My intention was not to start a ABB Vs AB debate, though.

With a few* exceptions, anyone succeeding in the worldwide VFD market is making good products. There is room for everyone and a flavor to suit whatever you are looking for.

* Ultra-cheap bottom-feeder products sold on FleaBay and other web portals are the exception. They continually change their names or don't even bother using a brand name to avoid association, because they rarely sell to the same person twice.