PanelView Plus 7 Standard to Micrologix 1100 Compiling ERROR

Hi PLC People,

I get the following error when trying to compile a Panelview Plus 7 Standard program

Using View Studio V10.0
Device Shortcut is looking at MicroLogix 1100 LEC Device through Ethernet

ValidationResults.txt

*** Start PanelView Plus 7 Standard or Compact Machine Edition Messages ***

ERROR: PanelView Plus 7 Standard or Compact Machine Edition applications do not support additional OPC servers when an FactoryTalk Linx shortcut or unsupported driver has been configured. A KepServerEnterprise data server is supported provided no FactoryTalk Linx shortcuts or unsupported drivers have been defined.

*** End PanelView Plus 7 Standard or Compact Machine Edition Messages ***

Validation completed with errors. The runtime application has NOT been created.

Hi PLC User Person,

Can you access and read the following?...

1041792 - FactoryTalk View ME: ERROR: PanelView Plus 7 Standard do not support additional OPC servers
Access Level: TechConnect

Have you anything added in the Explorer tree for the HMI application, like an OPC Server? If so, remove and try compile again?

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Solved

Thanks George,

Yeah i saw this help and thought it was referring to the communications tree but its this little bugger here "RSLinx" Hiding at the top of the project tree :geek:

PVP7_RsLinx.png

Hi "now more advanced" PLC User Person,

Glad to hear you got sorted, and it is always nice to get the feedback, good or bad. But for the sake of the "Court Room" here on the Forum, could you please clearly state that you found an OPC Server that had been added in the Explorer tree and you removed it and this resolved the issue?

This will help clearly validate that the information in the technote was the solution to your issue, just in case other folks stumble along this way in the future.

Cheers,
George

ME Does application do not support additional OPC Server...

So today I was changing an older DH+ and PLC 5 PLC and noticed this error every time I tried to compile this error occurred. I worked on the program all day modifying my tags to reflect new Controllogix tags and will try your solution, I did notice the RSLINX on the top of the tree but gave it no thought. Tomorrow I will delete it and see what happens. Thank you for your information, keep posting information like this is extremely helpul especially as we start to upgrade legacy hardware.