Old System needbhelp

Crankbait33

Good Morning,

I need some help with a baler I have. The system is using a panelview 600 hooked up to a SLC 5/03. About a month ago the HMI went into error 436, stuck in remote. Im not savvy at all with RSLogix but I can do enough to keep things running. What I have done is got the original logic for the SLC from The manufacturer. The original fixes the problem so I did a compare from the original and the one being used. Yes I did rip it off and save it before messing around. I made changes that I thought would have fixed it to the old. But did not work. The original fixes the issue with the Panleview but soon as I download the old back to the slc even with what I thought fixed it it goes right back to error 436. Can someone give me some guidance her. I need the old program because of some modifications to the machine that the old program has in it that I again am unsure of. I know its not a panelview problem its something stuck in the slc logic. Manufacturer want 10k to upgrade wont even consider fixing. I can't justify that 10k on a machine thats going to be replaced in a couple years.

Thank you

Last edited:
@Bullzi here are the two files.

8656_Original is the one that the OEM supplied me. My machine functions almost fully with it however there is a function with my strapper that does not work with this version. It works correctly in manual, but does not work when running in Auto.

8692_11_26_10 is the program that the machine has been running as far as everyone knows is what it has been running on since purchase. It is hung up on error 436.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have not looked at the programs you posted but have you tried to change out the tag in the PanelView? I would think it may be easier to just delete the tag in the PV... if this tag is setting a bit in the SLC you will need to toggle that bit after (or before) you delete it, have you found the tag in the SLC program?

I have not looked at the programs you posted but have you tried to change out the tag in the PanelView? I would think it may be easier to just delete the tag in the PV... if this tag is setting a bit in the SLC you will need to toggle that bit after (or before) you delete it, have you found the tag in the SLC program?

I thought I had but when I dump the program back on it, it goes right back to error 436. This is why I uploaded both programs, maybe someone can point me to what I'm missing

Looks like there are a lot of changes... way to many when you just to do a compare to look at them, I would open the HMI and find out what button caused it then look at the PLC program, the HMI will be your fastest way

Do you have a valid screen number in the register controlling the screen? I may be wrong on this, but I thought if you had a zero (0) in the screen control register or if the number in the screen control register did not correspond to a valid screen it would cause an error. Whenever I use a screen control register, I do cross checks in the PLC code to ensure a valid screen number is in the register.

Correction

@Bullzi here are the two files.

8656_Original is the one that the OEM supplied me. My machine functions almost fully with it however there is a function with my strapper that does not work with this version. It works correctly in manual, but does not work when running in Auto.

8692_11_26_10 is the program that the machine has been running as far as everyone knows is what it has been running on since purchase. It is hung up on error 436.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

I was wrong on this I was reading my notes wrong. 8692 is the OEM and 8656 is the one the machine has been running on

Do you have a valid screen number in the register controlling the screen? I may be wrong on this, but I thought if you had a zero (0) in the screen control register or if the number in the screen control register did not correspond to a valid screen it would cause an error. Whenever I use a screen control register, I do cross checks in the PLC code to ensure a valid screen number is in the register.

I had made that change or what I thought was the change but it apparently does not stick when I dump it back on.

Here is the only thing screen control I could find in the SLC It was set on 9 I changed it to a 0 last week. But again I do not have a good understanding of this stuff and I do not know anyone that does. Its got to be something simple like this but I just don't know where to look.

Geniusintraining that was pretty cool. So you taught me something new today. So if I understand from all of my reading on this error that it should be cleared once I set that value to 0. I should be able to download back to the SLC and all should be good. What else could be causing this issue possibly. Maybe the one time I tried it didn't stick properly. Im having a hard time buying that it's the panelview itself nor do I have the software to look at it yet.

Last edited:
There is a good chance that the PanelView is setting it to 1 so if you change the value in the PLC to 0 and it goes back to 1 then you know its being written to that bit and you dont have to download it, just highlight it and type 0 it should stay at 0 and not change back to 1