SLC 5/05 Firmware Update

beethoven_ii

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I have just flashed an SLC5/05 Cat No. 1747-L551 FRN8 with the latest available firmware from Rockwell using ControlFlash and now the CPU is asking for a password before it will let me upload or download. I can see the CPU using an AB-DF1 driver in RSLinx but I can't attempt to try to re-flash or try another version as it only works using Ethernet and now the CPU has no IP address. I've tried to access it using BOOTP but nothing shows up.

The CPU had no password before and so I'm wondering if this is a bug. I came across a similar problem years ago with an SLC 5/03 where it asked for a password after a RSLogix500 update.

Any ideas on this would be much appreciated.

I just found elsewhere that entering ab-unlock without the - as the password works. I tried this and I now have access to the PLC. Hopefully this might help someone else too if they come across the problem.

You can also try resetting the CPU back to factory default, this is done by shorting VBB and GND after you remove the battery